Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAV Event - Question?
Where exactly do we meet at? Is it going to be at the Soldier Creek Campground (we have to turn south BEFORE the dam road) or is it at the one where ya have to turn after the lake and go by the dam?(can't remember the name of that one)
I am going to be camping that weekend with a family reunion at Strawberry, and will probably just run the lake from Strawberry (where we are camping) to where the event will be. I will not need to have someone drop my boat that way. I hope that don't screw things up for anyone.
I have Google Earth'd the lake and I hope I can find whichever campground it's at from the LAKE!? I'm pretty good at it, so it's VERY unlikely there'll be any problems, but MURPHY'S LAW! Plus I'll put it in my GPS and that'll make it all good!
I have bought 2 downriggers and used them alot since volunteering for this...so that I was able to give 2 guys/gals? the BEST fishing POSSIBLE for a few hours.
I wish this was like a two day tournament event. A few hours in a boat seems like such a short time, but they may not be able to last longer than that...dunno...
I KNOW ONE THING THO'.....I CAN'T WAIT!! I have NEVER been so anxious for something EVER!! WEIRD!!
I have "pre"fished Soldier Creek last weekend, and didn't do all that well ...any "tips" from someone more familiar with that lake would heal my soul some!
I have dodgers/squid, pop-gear, leaded line, downriggers, flies, Rapalas, spoons, and 45 yrs of a LOVE FOR FISHING....given the right info I'll be able to show these people a good time, but I'd rather show them a GREAT TIME...I "promise" I'll not give away or use any secrets after this event.....HECK I DON'T EVEN LIKE TROUT!! Gimme a perch or walleye ANYDAY!
Thanx in advance...
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Email sent.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."