Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Tuesday tips?
Im going to pineview this tuesday about 6pm to do some fishing with a group. i would really love to catch my first fish of the season here. Does anyone have any tips of where to go and what to use?[crazy] I don't have a boat. Main targets are perch and T. musky. Also, does anyone know how to get to Browning Point, and also, are the water level even down from first od june yet? thanks very much![fishin]
[signature]
Are you going to fish out of a boat?

PV is still very full very little shore line is currently exposed but a little more than the first of June.

Now for Browning Point I've attached a photo thanks to TubeDude. Don't know the road that leads to Browning Point but I'm sure you can find it if you drive around PV.

Anyway for Perch use a snippet of a night crawler on a snell hook with gold spinner (sold in a package of 6 or 8 I believe) under a bobber or without cast working the weed lines with a slow retrieve. Don't think you'll have any problems get'n Perch and even a SMB or two. I won't predict the size but where there are lil ones I'm sure there's larger ones. Last Friday we had gaggles of 4" Perch following our cranks right up to the boat.

Now for TM well ensure you're set-up for them...meaning appropriate lb line or super braid. Don't get me wrong you can catch them with mono but you'll end up potentially over fighting the fish because you don't want the line to break. Over fighting a TM especially larger one in warm water temps is not good for TMs and can potentially cause a much longer time to revive the fish when your trying to release. Over fighting a TM results in more of them dieing after released. TM tackle well really any type of larger cranks/spinners will work . Just be ready for a hefty fight if you hook into one.

Good Luck

[Smile] [Smile]
[signature]
Thanks a lot for your detailed response k2muskie! No, Sadly i will be fishing from the shoreline... But i'm thinking of going just south of the swim area to the flooded willows before spring creek where there is a pullout, the thing is i don't want to get caught up in any trees with the water level being so high still. Thanks!
[signature]