Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow
I just got back from a 4 day trip to sand hollow in hurricane with my wife. We enjoyed 4 days of 115 degree weather and needless to say we swam a lot. I got up each morning at 05:30 and was at the gate at 06:00. Fishing was great and I had worries of not catching any bass, since I had very little in by tackle box to use. I did by a generic container of 50 asst plastics and a few hooks that I thought might work. I fished the first day (thurs) afternoon and caught my first bass ever on a curly tail worm.. 6" pumpkin colored with a bright orange tail. The first was around 16-18" and what a fight. I watch In fisher man a lot and boy was it ever like it is on TV. They just take off for the bottom and I had my drag as tight as it could be and reeled in as fast as I could. I was so stoked to catch a great looking bass. I had my wife take my photo but she had never used the camerea before and took the photo of herself...she had the camera phone facing her??!! Any way after several days on the water I caught 40 bass all on the same colored worm. I would change to jugs or spinners and the only thing they would take was the pumpkin colored worm. I hope to try and get to jordanelle now and try my luck there. The water was 82 degrees all day and the early am started out at 80 and topped off at 115 each day. It was a great vacation for both of us.
[signature]