Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake report
Fished the lindon boat harbor last night. the action was slow until around 12:30 and then it was nice for about 45 minutes to an hour. I only caught two, but the first one was 16" and about 5 lbs and the second one was 25" and about 10 lbs.
[signature]
Way to go Jed, you did great for your first time (heck that would have been good for your second or third time)!
[signature]
Heck, that would be a nice outcome for trip 100. More details please!!! What were you using????

ES
[signature]
I was using brownies made with beaf blood, and an egg sinker and was fishing about 30 feet out on the lake side of the harbor
[signature]
Sounds like a pretty good fishing trip you got 15ibs of fish thats not too bad.
[signature]
Beef Blood Brownies eh? I doubt Martha Stewart will be featuring that recipe anytime soon. Thanks for the info!

ES
[signature]
[cool]Martha baby has lost a bit of the old following. I think her favorite recipe these days is "Crow croquettes".

Hey, catfolks, I just heard of a new bait I have never heard of anyone using before...sausage. I didn't get the particulars, but I'm guessing you would use the uncooked stuff...probably wrapped in some kind of cheese cloth or something to keep it together. Also don't know if you need Jimmy Dean, Farmer John or just any old sausage. Maybe someone wants to give it a try.

I will say that I have done very well over the years, in several states, using weiners. Some who claim to be "seasoned" professionals say that the chicken or turkey franks work better than beef. I always "sweeten" mine with crawdad oil or other scents. They are best fished with about a 1" chunk, on a single hook...without weight. If you try to sling them too far, with a weight, you will rip the hook out a lot. Also, they stay firmer in the cooler than out in the heat.

Good trip, Jed. Go beat up on some more.
[signature]
I tried wieners soaked in vinegar and also wieners soaked in vanilla (smells much better than most catfish bait!) one day at Willard. The catfish loved them, but they came off the hook really easily. Next time out I think that I will give them a try again and try wrapping them with a bait sack.
[signature]