Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marine batteries
No I am not talking about cannons. [:p]
Today being my birthday I obtained a Minn Kota Endura 34. I am looking at batteries and I would like a little recommendations from those who have gone through this. I checked out Costco, they have a marine 85 hour amp battery. Any good or should I keep looking? [crazy]
[signature]
I would look for something in the 120 range. For all the more it weighs Vs. the 85 class you are better off spending the extra money. I would also go with a dry or gell cell for safety reasons. If you turn a lead acid battery upsidedown it could be bad.
[signature]
Sorry I have no idea about the battery but happy B-day[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
Happy b' day! You mean there's somebody else that would get a battery for his birthday and be happy? My wife would never think of that, but she know me well enough to not be surprised.

Unless you can rig a spill resistant method with the "wet" cells, better to go with sealed gel type. Maybe this list has some ideas on that, lots of clever members with sharp ideas. Too bad gels cost at least 2x as much in my area.

I'll be out of pocket for a few days- going to Denver, maybe get in a little fishin on the side.

Pon

[quote albinotrout]No I am not talking about cannons. [:p]
Today being my birthday I obtained a Minn Kota Endura 34. I am looking at batteries and I would like a little recommendations from those who have gone through this. I checked out Costco, they have a marine 85 hour amp battery. Any good or should I keep looking? [crazy][/quote]
[signature]
I have a Napa Stowaway deep cycle. The BIG one. Just spend the little ONE TIME ONLY extra and buy the battery box.
Deep Cycle because you will be recharging it...allot.

I have been using a regular battery with battery box for over 15 years. NEVER had one tip over.
[signature]
Have a battery box. Just wondering what size battery.
[signature]
The size that fits the box. I have a BIG box and opt for the BIG battery.
But the smaller deep cycle are fine.
[signature]
So it really doesn't matter what amp hours you would need then?
[signature]
Sure it does. The more the better.
[signature]
Go with a Group 27 Marine/RV battery and you will be fine. If you really want more power you can go with a group 31 if you have a fish finder, but you will be adding more weight also. A Group 24 is to small. Trojan makes good batteries as well as Interstate(Work Horse).

Happy B-Day.
[signature]