Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Tonight (6-26)
Went out to Willard again tonight, not much action today.[:/] We boated 2 Wipers, both were 15 inches. We tried out by the light pole, didn't mark many fish, so we headed ease towards the feed lot. We marked a lot of fish, 1/2 mile out from the dike, west of the feed lot, but we couldn't get them to hit. We tried trolling from 2.5 to 5.1 MPH, we stopped and jigged, we used multiple baits, but just couldn't the fish to strike. Both were caught trolling, one on a 3" white grub, the other on a blue/white rattler. Pretty spotty night. Others we talked to did about the same or worse. It was a nice night to be out on the lake though. Just a little breeze to keep the bugs away. The water doesn't seem to have dropped any since last Sat, in fact they were actually dumping water into the bay tonight. I'm sure that won't last long though.
[signature]
My son and I have also had good luck using 3" chartruse and white or plain white grub on either 1/4 or 3/8 oz. chartuse head. What oz. or color if any or you using.
[signature]
Last night we were using white grubs, with a 1/4 oz jig head. I think 3/8 would have been a little more appropriate for the speeds we were trolling at.
[signature]