Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow this morning at Willard ... 6-27-03
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yes, it was SLOW ...[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Ram-4x and I launched at about 7:30 this morning and decided to call it quits around 1:00. Ram caught one small wiper out by the South dyke on a white rooster tail and that was it for the rest of the morning. Isuspect that the water was jus too cool for much activity. When we launched, the water was only about 63 degrees. When we cam in, it had gotten up to about 70. There has been a LOT of under-water plants starting to appear along the East and South sides. We pretty well covered the South half of the lake with poor success. Maybe fishing would be better over on the North half. We talked to several other fishermen out there and their reports was the same ... except for a few cats near the banks, No Fish Caught. I was spoiled a couple of weeks ago.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]No bird activity ... no boils yet.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Ram will be out there again this evening. Hopefully, the water and fish have warmed up a little for him then.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The weather was fantastic, the company enjlyable, but I wish we could have caught more than one small wiper.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Old Coot. Hoping the action will pick up soon and I hpoe I can be there when it does. I love those pole benders.
[signature]
I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW I DO I WILL BE THERE IN THE MORNING. WISH ME LUCK
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the report, Coot. I know where not to go now! HA![cool][/size][/font]
[signature]
went out last night and didn't catch a thing, fished for 6:30 till almost midnight.
[signature]
Bummer that the fish were just not active this morning. But I bet you can say that the worst day of fishing still beats the best day at work.
[signature]