Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation, killin perch 7/23/09
I have been out fishing at Starvation with BFT member Boulder. We got on the water at about 6:15 am and went to saleratus. Boulder picked up a couple small walleye right off the bat with bottom bouncers. It was a bit windy and we had a hard time getting the boat to troll any less than 2 mph. That being said I could not use the bottom bouncing techniques that I am used to. I like a .8 mph to 1.5 mph to bounce so I just stuck with it as good as I could. Boulder was kickin my butt for the first little while until we moved out by rabbit gulch. WE found the perch. They were in only about 20 feet of water and hungry. After catching a few on bouncers along with many smaller walleye about 14-16 inches, we decided to cut power and drift fish for perch with jigs. I threw out a jig head and a worm on one pole and berkley power grub on the other. After a slow morning things really started heating up and boulder and I couldnt keep the perch off our hooks. I would say if we wanted to we could have boated at least 100 fish. The rains came in and we were looking for some bigger fish but never really got into them. I did catch about an 18 inch walleye as we were getting ready to leave at about 3 pm. It was the same story from most people at the fish cleaning station. Many small perch!!. I did see boulder catch the biggest perch that I have seen with my own eyes. It was a hog pushing close to a pound. THANKS AGAIN BOULDER I HAD A BLAST WE WILL HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN.

No pics sorry my camera is no more, I need to get a new one.
[signature]
Good fishing FOD
[signature]