Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stoppin in to say HI
New member. I've been reading this forum to help me determine which new float tube to buy.

I am in mourning over my stillwater Talon. The leak is at the valve, so after 12 years of trout fishing with that tube it is time to say goodbye. I hope the next tube does as well.

I'm trying to decide between the ODC 420, the Outcast Fish/Fat Cats, and the Cumberland. There isn't much info on the forum about the last one. Getting up out of the water sounds great.

I wanted to say thank you for all the great information, and any further input you have is much appreciated. I am not fond of being stuck on shore!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard and condolences on your loss. Hope you are able to make a satisfactory replacement.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Once you have experienced the freedoms and enhancements of fishing from a tube, it is never quite acceptable to return to "bank tangling".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome, hope you find the one that fits your style![cool]
[signature]
Thanks. I've seen a lot of float tubes, but I haven't seen many decked out as shown in the photos on this forum. There are some real PVC wizards here.

I need to find a dealer for the ODC 420 so I can take a look. Bass Pro Shops has the cats. I don't know who has the Cumberland. The H3 looked interesting, but out of the price range I'm trying to work in.

This will be quite a change from the stabilizer bar U tube.
[signature]
Welcome, from one newbie to another.

Too bad you aren't here in San Francisco... the Sports Authority store has two brand new in the box ODC 420s on the shelf for $99 each.

I was sorely tempted.
[signature]
Thank you so much. I have Sports Authority here in Colorado. I wonder if it is a regional sale, or a national sale. I'll have to check that out.

I may be off the shore sooner than I thought!

Since you were tempted, are you looking for a new tube also, or thinking about trying float tubes for the first time?
[signature]
[quote ghost_trout]Since you were tempted, are you looking for a new tube also, or thinking about trying float tubes for the first time?[/quote]

No, I just bought an unused 2 year old Fat Cat from a fellow member here. I was tempted to buy one of the $99 420s just because it is such a killer deal... could be used as a spare, or to lend to a friend.

No, I am not new to tubing. I did it back in the early 1980s in a Caddis donut style tube (with a truck innertube) and had some success flyfishing out of it.

I have been away from fishing for a couple decades though and am just re-starting now.
[signature]
welcome and feel like at home.

Peter
[signature]
99 bucks is a hell of a deal... I bought mine for $149 and thought that was good. I'm sure it is at least partially regional, I'd probably have a heart attack if I even saw an ODC 420 at a Sports Authority down here. I love mine, very few complaints.
[signature]
The $99 price must be local to the San Fran area. The Sports Authority I stopped at didn't have any, and they aren't on the website. Darn!!!

Amazon has them for $149. That is the best price I've found to this point. That was not a place I would think to look for a float tube, but Amazon popped up on a search. I've asked in the Colorado state forum if anyone knows of a dealer so I can go see what the ODC 420 looks like. I have Bass Pro Shop here, so I can see the Outcast tubes there.
[signature]
Its here! Its here!

The delivery man just handed me the box with my new ODC 420.

I am no longer shore bound.

Ok, where did I put my pump?
[signature]