Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotation Nation 2b2r Event, Lake Murray
We had the first event of our 2b2r (tubetour) float tube bass tournaments last weekend, and it was a big success. It was held at Lake Murray in central San Diego, minutes from San Diego State University. We set the maximum number of competitors at 12, but due to a miscommunication we actually ended up with 13 anglers.

It all came about through another website I post on, so it was nice to meet some of the people I felt I knew, but never met in person. After several days of temps in the mid to high 90s, it cooled down to the 80s the day before the event.

The fishing was not great, but better than I expected. It took about 8 1/2 pounds to win, and the biggest fish of the day was over 4 pounds.

Here are some pics. The pic labeled "FOR TUBEDUDE" was what my old manager liked to call a "happy accident", although at the time it felt more like a mean 4lb. practical joke that chomped on my jig.

As for me, I ended up in fourth. I would have been well in contention for third barring a couple of mishaps, most notably dumping a 1-1/2 pounder during the weigh-in process.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Meeee - Owwww! That is a nice whiskery largemouth. Good work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad the event came off well. You never know on a first venture.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Fond memories of Lake Murray. Used to be one of my old hangouts back when I lived in San Diego...up on Kearny Mesa. They used to have some big carp tournaments in those days. Loved to fish the bluegills on flies.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
NICE !!!
Congrats on getting this thing going.Well done and
thank you for sharing.
I hope you remembered to put that catfish in the box
and mail it to TD just like I did last time[Smile]
Keep as posted about next events. Maybe I can make it
there one day.

Peter
[signature]
You SO! Rock Scott. Way to pull it off!
[signature]
Sweet job on the tourney, look like it was a great time. I suppose any time you can get 13 tubes on a lake at once is pretty cool. I bet you guys sure generated some interest to all the bank tanglers that day. Hope your success continues and next time hang on tight.
[signature]