Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New GPS Product
Hey guys

I am studying a bachelor of product design and my current project is to redesign a new fishfinder using blue sky and out of the box creative thinking, so the questions I want to pose to you all is where would you like to see GPS/Fish finders/chartplotters heading as the advancement of technology continues ie what sort of improvements could be made?? And what are some of the flaws of those that are on the market now (especially user interaction)?? Any input would be greatly appreciated and will help determine the final concept that I will pitch to this major GPS company.

Cheers.
[signature]
the think I would like to see, is a fish finder that can tell me if I am looking at a single fish or a school of fish.

I havent used an up to date modle, but the last one I used would not or could not tell me.

what it would do is show a small or large fish icon. It leaves me to wonder what I am realy looking at. Granted seeing that there is something supended down there is better than knowing nothing at all...

I wold also like to see something that can tell me if I am hovering over weeds as well, but it has to show up as something different than fish.

Having one with gps is always grand. being able to pin point mark and have tracking ability.

in addition what would be best of all would be to be able to down load infromation from my fish finder on to a USB chip so I can put it on to my computer at home and be able to take it with me and plug in to a buddies boat should we not use mine.

hope this helps,,, good luck... and be sure to let us know when and how your new product comes out....
[signature]
One thing i would like to see changed with GPS/Fishfinders is simplicity. Granted, many people know their finders in and out but the average guy has no idea how to adjust, change settings, and understand what they are looking at. There should be single buttons that say "record course", "save location", etc. Maybe push a menue button and then select from a list of 10 different things to utilize. Such as: save as fishing location, mark this location as a fishing hotspot, mark this location as a water hazard, mark this location as camp, etc. I haven't made much sense so far but you get the idea. Make it more user friendly. Hope that helps. Oh yeah, build one that will take you to the biggest fish in th elake and make them bite![sly]
[signature]
I agree with you 100% Brody!![Wink]
[signature]
Deffenantly a must Brody, I agree....

[ul][li]one button for quick marking a gps location[/li][li]and one other button to be used to start and stop tracking gps location paths.[/li][li]one button to open a list of saved locations select and hit that button again for a pointer to take you to that location.[/li][li]one button to turn on the the fish finder or automaticly go on when you turn on the device and have the tranducer automaticly set the gain according to depths.[/li][/ul]that would make a gps fish finder user friendly for sure, at least some one could take it out of the box and turn it on and be able to work the basic functions of the device.

Lets face it, who wants to spend the first hour of a fishing trip programing the fish finder every morning when they get out on the water.
[signature]