Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bassin with a frog
Hey, I'm still new to the forums, and up til now my posts have been in the float tubing section. I hope I'm not breaching any etiquette by mentioning a product my name (I won't provide a link in case that's frowned upon).

I'm wondering if anyone's tried frogs from Bog Baits - the frogs are called Bog Frogs. They have a few different sizes ranging from about 4 inches (probably around 1/2 oz.) all the way to 9+ inches weighing 3.6 oz.! These things look great, but I'm wondering how they hold up (do they fall apart after a few big hits), what kind of action do they have (do the legs move to mimick a frogs swimming motion, or do they just sit there)? If anyone's tried them, I'd be really interested in finding out people's experiences with them.

Thanks in advance.
[signature]
I checked out the website, [url "http://www.bogbaits.com/index.php"]bogbaits.com[/url], and they look pretty good to me. The website stated a 100% money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. I'd say the best way to find out their quality would be to try them out yourself. If you do get some, let us know how they work.
[signature]
I've used their fat head snake and did pretty well here at a local pond that is known for having a lot of snakes in the area.

The lure actually produced quite well for me. So I am assuming their Frogs are probably good lures if used properly.
[url "http://www.bogbaits.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=7"][/url]
[signature]
[fishin]
I can understand your problem with frogs being torn up. I haven't used the frog you're speaking of but I'll definitly try one if I can find one.
My favorite frog is the old Bill Plummer,,,spelling may or may not be right....It was a Rubber frog with elastic legs that were bent slightly and when you twitched your rod it would kick just like a real frog... Weedless hook and very durable.
It's not made anymore but Panther Martin bought the rights to make it ,,, It's close to orginal but lacks some of the others realism.
I would recomend checking out the Culprit company's Pro Frog. It's a double hook replaceable body frog that comes in several great colors .
I'm finding that the frog is definitely the way to go around here with all the thick weeds and crap
[signature]
I tried just about every frog bait on the market and I still end up back with my spro frogs or the 3:16 lure company. Tru Tungsten just came out with a new frog and its pretty dang good here in AZ I would imagine they'd work well in UT also.
[signature]
They work great in the NE as well. Only frog I throw now.
[signature]