Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAV fishing event HELP HELP HELP
The DAV fishing event is approaching rapidly. I really don't want to see us run short of or not have the stuff to make the cookout enjoyable for all.

Thank all of you who have replied to me with what you can provide. We have about 80 burger patties promised, I think there is also about 80 weiners promised and buns enough for all. Coca Cola is providing drinks for the cookout also.

What I need to learn is if anyone has been promised or is going to provide the following,

1. Chips
2. Condiments & pickles.
3. Tomatoes, lettuce & onions for the burgers.
4. Beans or other veggies.
5. Salads, probably potato & macaroni.
6. Canned soft drinks & bottled water to take out on the boats with us. ( Maybe the boat owners are planning to bring these items. I know I'm sure willing to do so.)

Please shoot me a PM or shoot a note to [url "mailto:grampatom61@yahoo.com"]grampatom61@yahoo.com[/url].

Thanks

Tom Robison aka GEEZER
[signature]
Its going to hot so i am bringing water for my DAV and a couple of snacks.
[signature]
RAK has offered her help with the cooking team but to this day we are not sure where she fits in. It would be nice if a list was posted on who was going to help out and what there assignments are.

This is the first time I have seen a list of items that are needed, thanks for posting it. I will talk to RAK and pick up one of your items.
[signature]
I agree things have been kind of quiet on the food, I kind of thought a committee was formed to take care of this. I will have snacks and drinks on my boat to cover several people if needed I also picked up a couple nice hats for my guests. If we need any plates, utensils, glasses or more burgers, dogs, buns, cheese, pickles or other condiments let me know and I will hit the Base Commisary before I head up to the lake.
[signature]
When is this Great event?? I will bring 12 bags of chips and some dips to go with that. I would really like to get out on a boat if possible, so anyone with extra room I WILL PROVIDE FOOD AND GAS$$!
[signature]
Albertsons donated catsup, mustard and miracle whip...I just picked it up today. I've got ice coming day before the event from Summit Ice and at least 10 cases of water from Cabela's coming too. I've got cookies promised from the Cookie Tree and High Grade meats said they will give us burgers and hotdogs at cost.

I think we need still hamburger & hotdog buns...pickles, tomatoes, potato salad, macaroni salad, pork & beans, paper plates and plastic utensils???
[signature]
What no mayo!! [crazy]
[signature]
Geezer, first and foremost thank you and a big thanks to everyone else that is helping on this great event. As an active duty Soldier I do not have the words that express my gratitude for what you are all doing for my brothers and sisters. Thank you.

Can you give me a little more info on this. I will be coming up with MSG Harrison and we will be bringing our 30' pontoon plus my bass boat.
I believe we will be camping up there Fri night so if any of you are around stop in and say hi. You wont be able to miss us. We'll have a 30' wrapped pontoon next to a 21' wrapped bass boat and truck with Utah Army National Guard plastered everywhere.

How many American Heroes are signed up to go out and fish this?

Thanks again, SFC "Sapper"
[signature]
Read through posts and found the info I needed, see you all there.
[signature]
I will be bringing lots of chips and i have talked to walmart and if i can get an official letter they will donate some fishing gear. Let me know how to go about getting the letter for the walmart donations. see you there

Frank
801-616-8771
[signature]
[quote Stickfigurefrank]When is this Great event?? [/quote]
In case no one has answered your question yet, here is a link to all the DAV event info.
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=500458;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=500458;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
It is up to you but it is never a good idea to put your phone number on a public forum, you can always PM your info. WH2
[signature]
Sure aint takin' a shot at you Frank but I gotta back up the Wiperhunter. I got some kinda odd calls at inconvenient hours after I did so once.
[signature]
I am still good for what we discussed. Count on it. The event is next Sat., right?
You'll have them before then.
[signature]
Geezer,

I'm taking two on my boat and I wil lhave water, drinks, and snacks for my guys.

With over 30 boats now committed, is there an order of launch times or do we all just show up at 6:00AM ? Maybe I should be asking Bob this...[crazy]
[signature]
All boats should try to be there so we can a singe the DAV's then they can head out after that...
[signature]
Sounds like we have more boats than DAV's at last count or has the number of fishermen increased?
[signature]
OK, I'll be there bright and early.

I'm also curious and it would be helpful to know if these vets are all from the latest conflicts or are there some from WWII and Viet Nam as well?
[signature]
No one has told me # yet we have the meeting saturday and can work from there...
[signature]
Thanks Cliff, if anything is needed after your meeting let me know. I will be headed down the 6th after work to set up my camp, check trail cams and build several ground blinds and put up one more tree stand for the archery hunt the following weekend. I won't be able to store any salads of any sorts for the day and 1/2 prior to the 8th. I can pick up some buns, plates, utensils or something along those lines if needed. I'll be parking my boat at my Buddies place down the road until Sat. morning and will see you all there bright and early.
[signature]
This is kinda late to offer, but I can give money, to help with anything not already donated or bought. I just got some of my settlement money and I HATE having a big bank account. I will SOON have a new boat...I HOPE!!
It's looking like I (and about 20 other family members) are going to be camping at Mud Creek camping area W of the paved road...and then I'll have to get up at, I figure, around 4:30 to be able to dump and run to Soldier Creek and be there BEFORE 6:00. I'll be the one with a BUTT UGLY tri-hull that is ONE FISH CATCHING MOOOOCHINE!! I'm leaving prolly Tues to get a spot (hopefully big enuff for 5-6 trailers) and to pre-fish the lake to see where there's fish. I hope to have some corraled when everyone gets there. Is ANYONE going to be on walkie-talkies and if so what would be a good channel for EVERYONE???
[signature]