Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek/strawberry
I'm planning on heading to either deer creek or strawberry tommarrow.Thought i'd take the boat out and do some trolling,any advice on which is producing best recently would be appreciated.Thanks Lonnie
[signature]
I spent last weekend on the berry. It was so windy that sit fishing was out of the question so we trolled. We tried popgear and worms in about every combo and tripple teasers and needle fish in chartruese and knocked them dead. Just about everywhere on the berry side was productive. All were cutts though so put them all back.
[signature]
One Eyed Jack,
How deep were you trolling? If you were using lead core line, how many colors were you out?
Thanks, Zug Bug
[signature]
ZugBug- We were using lead line and we were out anywhere from 4 colors to 6 colors. We mainly trolled the Haws, Renegade and Mud Creek areas. We were also trolling the popgear at .8-1.0 MPH and Tripple Teasers at about 1.8-2.0 MPH.
[signature]
OEJ,

Yep, that was always my recipe for success. I think most people troll too fast. Go just fast enough to put good action in the popgear blades. Those are steady places on Strawberry too.

m
[signature]