Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula for Boat Cleaning
[#500000]A Bass Pro guy once gave me a formula for cleaning a bass boat.....It consisted of water, vinegar, dish soap, and something else......I made a big batch and promptly misplaced the recipe....Do any of you, use this and have the recipe?.....WW.[/#500000]
[signature]
I was told to use water, rubbing alcohol, and windshield fluid in pretty much equal parts.

It works pretty well.
[signature]
On my last Fish n ski a guy told me to use Lemon Pledge.
Which worked great. On my new fish n ski I have been useing BASS BOAT SAVER, It is a little pricy $30/ gal.
But it has been working fine and they claim it blocks UV rays.
[signature]
[#500000]Windshield fluid such as windex, or the blue stuff that you use in the reservoir for the windshield wipers?[/#500000]
[signature]
I need to correct that a bit as I think about it.

It is equal parts of distilled water, windshield fluid ( the blue stuff for your car), and ammonia.

Not alcohol. I know that i was told that the distilled water was important to the mixture.

This works very well for cleaning and removing water spots.
[signature]
1/3 distilled water, 1/3 vinegar and 1/3 Simple Green.

Other than that I take my boat to the car wash [Smile]
[signature]
best thing to cut the scum from the gorge or the bery is hydrocloric acid, it cuts it off like you cant belive i use it all the time.
[signature]
Hydrochloric acid works really well on fiberglass gelcoats. It reacts with some paints and all metals though. I wouldn't recommend it on an aluminum hull.
[signature]