Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 6-27
went to willard tonight with mgb put in at the south marina about 5:15pm. trolled a 1/2 mile out from the light pole and north and south along west dike about 300 yrds from dike. i trolled a silver & blue rattle trap and mgb used a silver & black rapala. mgb caught 2 wipers and a cat fish. i caught a wiper and 2 walleye. the one wiper i caught was a team effert mgb thought he had one and reeled in when his lure came to the boat it was hooked to another rattle trap but it wasnt one of ours and no one else around us but water skiers i removed the lure and started to pull in the line by hand expecting to pull up a fishing pole and there was a wiper pulled him in by manpower he was 24 1/2 inches and had another hook in his mouth what a rush landing a wiper without a pole.
[signature]
It was a lot of fun fishing with you petty. The way that 24" wiper was caught was very unusual,hooking a lure that was tangled with another line that was hooked into a 24" wiper. [crazy]

At the south marina the water was 2.6 feet at one point, becarefull out there.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]WOW! 2.6 ft deep! That isn't giving me a warm fuzzy about going to Willard and putting down my stainless prop in the marina! OUCH! I'm using the trolling motor to go out! I thought they dredged all that deeper?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Wow, a 24 in wiper, how much did it weigh? Those big fish can do some damage, I bet it was workout, pulling that big boy in by hand. That is a fish story that few can tell, way to go guys. WH2
[signature]
Great story petty4life...if you have a camera you should post a picture of the lure/lures that weren't yours just to see if any bfters recognize it. heck maybe it's mine. Of course we all understand finder keepers.
[signature]
They dredged the canal not the marina. When you are leaving the docks just before the canal the water is 2.6' deep then it drops to 6' deep then right where it opens up to the bay the water is only 4' deep. I can't understand why they did not dredge it all the way to the bay. Like I posted before dredgeing the south marina canal did not help us boaters out at all they need to include the marina and all the way to bay. Positioning yourself when you leave the marina is important.

WH2, the 24.5" wiper was a little on the light side (for a 24.5" wiper) it only weighted 2lbs 13oz. we did not weight it untill 2 hours after it was caught so it might of lost a little weight but not much but it was still a good bare handed battle.
[signature]