Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kind of weird rpt - Mantua 7/31/09
Started off with driving in on the N. side and where the road ends they had bulldozed a large area out for what appears to be a big parking area. Well, ------ mixed feelings. More access for the general public to enjoy the area but I can't help it, I like my privacy when fishing.
Anyway, launched my tube in the N.E. corner, caught a dink and fished all along the N side of the bay. Got to the point and found my "favorite person" anchored right in the middle of the area in a canoe. Well. I spent some time trying to figure out how to get around him without upsetting him. What's the problem you ask? Well he's a land owner that kind of feels he's entitled and not too friendly, especially around Sparky . Previously in past years he was a shore fishermen that got real obnoxious when Sparky was standing in the water next to him and we got in a yelling match, I just try to avoid him. [frown]
So ------ I finally decided to scoot by him hugging the shore line and immediately started catching a few LM. Well, I tried to fish just the shallows near him but it was kind of tough. After a bit he went in to shore to take a pee, but went right back to the "prime spot". sooooooooo= decided, why fight it? Just fish back and go home. Tubed back and when I got to the starting point, lo and behold, I started catching some???? Ended up with 10 between 10 and 13 1/2 in. So, ok, I'm happy, took enough home for dinner. What I don't understand, is I had fished that same area in the am and nothing?????? Spent 6 hrs, and caught em all on my standard reaper.
There you are folks, my report. [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you and the furry kid got to hit the water and that you got a few fish. Sorry to see that you still let that guy get to you. He may be a land owner but he does not own the lake and you should not let him intimidate you. You have as much right to use and enjoy the lake as he does. Just ignore him. Be polite and courteous but don't respond if he becomes obnoxious. Staying away from him might be the best policy.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As you know, there are bass all over that lake and they can drive you wacko trying to figure out why they do what they do...and when. When you fished that spot earlier the fish may not have been there. Or, they may have just been waiting for their schedule to come around to dinner time. Changes in light direction or intensity can make a difference to. Sometimes fish just bite better at one time or another. Who knows? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Too bad about the enlarged parking area. But, I doubt that it will get used that much, especially during the week when you fish the lake. And, since it still requires a bit of a hike to reach your favorite spots that will weed out the "average" lazy angler.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck. Keep fishing where and how you want and don't let the attitudes and actions of a few nut cases interfere with your enjoyment. They are the ones with problems and probably have an unhappy life. Don't let them dump their garbabe on you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thak you for the report Leaky. Dont worry about that moran. I bet his wife does't geve him any and his just
overall very unhappy person.
You sound like a nice guy and thats what really matters.
Just keep on going fishing and enjoy every second of it just like we all here do.
Best of everything.

Peter
[signature]
Nice report. Remember the fishing etiquette and be polite. I probably would have taken the spot after he left. Once open it can be taken by anyone. One good thing you caught fish.[laugh]
[signature]
Your "favorite person" sounds like a wealthy landowner here that has property along the river. He wanted the County to prevent access near his property for a mile or so. The County told him his property stopped 5' from the water. Boy was he upset.
[signature]
Rest assured, I didn't get any closer than 75yds which is polite, don't you think? I only fished his spot after he left but then he came back so I moved on. [Smile]
[signature]
You did well![cool]
[signature]