Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slow day at the berry aug 1rst
Finally made it out to try out for some kokes at the berry today. The day was beautiful the catching left much to be desired. I had never really fished the strawberry side but hadn't heard of anyone catching kokes on the soldier creek side and decided to take a gamble and hope i could quickly prospect my way into some. well it was a nice idea anyway. Finally started catching cuts at about 12 oclock on the east side of hawes point and marked lots of schools around 20 ft but had to work really hard to get any takers. Finally found a school of Kokes on our way back to leave for home but only managed one hit from the school. It was only about 13 inches but at least it was a koke. We caught a couple of cutts each 3 small and one around 18-19". Unfortunately due to the short amount of time to prospect it didn't end up being much of a catching day, but still a nice day and at least we weren't skunked.
Jed Burton
[signature]
Dont feel bad seems like everyone had a hard time yesterday. I tried for some kokes but only a fatty cutt came to play.Hope the fishing gets better for next saturday.
[signature]
Went today (Sunday) with Parsite caught over 40 cutts. Measured one that went over the slot and eye-balling a couple others that could have gone over. Caught them in 36' and 42' of water vertical jigging.

I think I am going to make the run over to the Strawberry side this coming Saturday.
[signature]
I am thinking the same thing probably run to renegade and work the narrows back to soldier creek .Either way its gonna be a fun day.
[signature]
I was in my kickboat last week trying to jig up cuts at Haws point. I was marking alot of fish at 25 to 30 feet and they would come and look at my jig, but they would not take it. I was tipping my jig with a worm and was moving it slow. If I jigged big they would run off.

It was so frustrating to have that many fish around my white tube jig and no bites. Any suggestions?
[signature]
I have encountered a lot of fish like that this summer at the berry, I guess its the mood they are in and there is not much you can do about it. What time of day was it ? Early morning they have not had lock jaw but around 10:00am seems to be when they start getting picky.
[signature]
I got on the fish at about 8am and tried to trick them into biting until about 11am. I had never been over fish like that and not had any hit my favorite tube jig. Oh well, you know strawberry, very hot and cold.

I just wondered if there was something I was missing or not doing right.
[signature]
Maybe tip with minnow instead of worm and throw some smelly jelly on.
[signature]