Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIRECTIONS TO THE DAV EVENT AUG 8TH
I have never been there and would like someone to post a map/directions to get there. thanks
[signature]
I also would appreciate a map with directions if possible. Again thanks in advance to the map maker...[Smile] [Wink] [Smile]
[signature]
Someone should draw a map or give directions to the pavillion it would be very helpful for those who dont know were it is.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Assuming that everybody knows where Strawberry Reservoir is, I’ll start from there. Drive up US Hwy 40 out of Heber until you come to the turn off for the Strawberry Lodge & Marina. DO NOT TURN OFF HWY 40 HERE.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Continue east on Hwy 40 for another 9.1 miles. As you approach the 9.1 mile point you will see a US Forest Service sign on your right announcing the Soldier Creek Campground & Marina turn-off coming up on your right. TURN RIGHT AT THAT TURN OFF. This will put you on FR 480 SOLDIER CREEK CAMPGROUND RD. Follow this road for about 2.7 miles until you come to the gate shack which is the entrance to the campground and marina area. After indentifying yourself as part of the BFT Fishing Event crew they will check your name against the list of names we have given them and will then send you on through to the marina area.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Follow the signs in the park to the marina or the Pavilion. Both of them are well marked.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]See you there on Saturday.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
This is the road before the road that one takes to cross the Soldier Creek Dam. If one crosses the Soldier Creek Dam one is on the wrong road.
[signature]
What time do we need to be there?
[signature]
And what time does it end?
[signature]
0600-0700 boats go in the water, Vets arrive 0715-0730 for flag ceremony then sign them up and get them on a boat. Start coming back in around 1300 and 1400 BBQ should start serving. Then some giveaways after lunch and end....
[signature]
Also i want to add that the soldier creek entrance is right after the 2nd big hill make sure you slow down i have almost missed the entrance twice already. [:p]
[signature]
Thanks! [cool]
[signature]