Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this toon any good?
I found a used Outfitter XT pontoon for sale it was 220$ I was thinking that was a good price but I didn't know how good they were. I see Costco sells them new for 289.
I was thinking about getting Jacob one. Ron
[signature]
I also found a ODC sport for 175. any good? Ron
[signature]
I see allot of the top one out on the water. Seems like a good boat. Personally, the fact it is used, I would offer $200. to start with. Costco does have sales on these don't they?

Why are they selling them?
[signature]
the guy with the Costco one is moving, and the guy with the ODC sport needs the money. The ODC is new in box he claims. Ron
[signature]
Doesn't Shig speed have one of the ODC's try pming him.
I am sure they are both fine.
[signature]
I did read today that the boats with the HIGHER rockers are more designed for river and are not that effective on stillwater.
On stillwater, you want a longer profile.
Does that make sense?
Where you do allot of rivers, the long rockers and the shorter flat surface would probably work great.
[signature]
I am so new to this toon stuff I just don't know the terms and what they are. Thanks so much for the help and your willingness to help a newby. Ron
[signature]
Rockers are basically what they sound like.
If you look at the toon from the side.
The ODC is very short in the middle and the ends long and kick up high. Look like a SMILE. They are better designed for moving water
The outfitter is longer in the middle with shorter kick ups. More for stillwater or slow moving water. Plus the longer middle means bigger pay load.

Google fish with JD and the ODC is quite an impressive review for this boat.
[signature]
I have the ODC816. It's the older premium Creek Co. 8" 'toon, not made any more. It has a double layer skin and aluminum frame vs. single skin and steel frame on the ODC Sport. I like mine a lot. Only downside is that it has an uncoated bottom so dragging it up a boat ramp will cause it to fray.

The Outfitter boats are perfectly capable, however they're HEAVY. I think 70-80 lbs. My 816 is 45.

I think either will do ya fine for still water though. I have a spare, nearly new ODC816 I'm thinking of selling, but shipping to Idaho would suck! Smile

_SHig
[signature]
Rockered toon's are made that way so you can slide or deflect the toon off rocks, trees or whatever in moving water. If they weren't rockered, you have a chance of getting the tip caught and get flipped. Most toon's now days are made for both moving and stillwater. Designs have come a long way in the past 10 years, advancement wise.
[signature]
I am going to go look at the ODC sport. He says it is new and never been in the water. For 175.00 it might be hard to pas up. I don't plan on going on any white water but I am planning on my son floating the snake with me. I am probably going to keep using my FC4 and let him carry the bait and lunch. Ron
[signature]
After looking at JD's blog on the ODC I am sooooo impressed.
He could haul allot more than LUNCH. He could bring the stove and the sink!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]After looking at JD's blog on the ODC I am sooooo impressed.
He could haul allot more than LUNCH. He could bring the stove and the sink![/quote]

Which blog is this? ODCs come in a LOT of flavors!

_SHig
[signature]
If this is a no, no, please forgive me, but it is impressive:

http://fishwithjd.com/2009/01/14/creek-c...toon-boat/
[signature]
FG, that one looks like the one I am going to go see. That is a good review. Ron
[signature]