Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tool Rack for the toon
Ok I have started on a tool rack for the toon. I have two options. 1 is to attach it to a D ring on the outside of the toon using a pin and clip. It works but is a bit of a reach. The second would be to attach it to the frame/arm rest. Here are two pics of the choices.[Smile]
[signature]
Two questions. First, why two sets of pliers or whatever those are?
Secondly, are your side bags that full?
I understand the net sort of. We just hang ours off one of the pontoon tips. Right there when we need it.
More stuff you put on, more stiff you have to take off.[Wink][cool]
[signature]
One pair is needle nose pliers for hook removal, the other is a pair of cutters. May be used for spiny fish as TD puts it. I like the removable part for when I fish for trout, I won't need the pliers etc...
[signature]
You all come up with some fantastic ideas for pvc use.
[signature]
If you get the right set of needle nose you can cut the spines off easy. That is what I use. Ron
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Once those cats get beyond 20 inches and several pounds you no longer have to worry about sharp spines...because they wear down and get dull. But, you should "neutralize" them on any fish you plan to keep. The spines can trash a wire basket and they make it tough to fillet the fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]While a good heavy set of long nose pliers WILL cut off the spines, heavy sidecutters do a neater job and leave fewer sharp bony edges to slice you at the wrong moment. Cats are incredibly strong and can twist and turn in your hands...cutting you on sharp edges left behind on broken spines. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, I sometimes use two pair of pliers for hook removal...one pair to prop the mouth open and the second pair to go in after a visible hook. If the hook is "gone", I just cut it off and retrieve it when filleting...or forget it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]