Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Thurs & Friday
My dad and I hit up strawberry yesterday and today. The elements were tough but the fishing was decent.

Thursday:
We arrived early only to be greeted by one of the biggest electrical storms I have encountered. It rained til about 9:30. We had a two and half hour wait to put the boat in because of the freakin monsoon rain storms. It was 51 degrees when we arrived at the cabin at 6:45am. We fished Renegade primarily trying to target the rainbows first thing. We caught a mess of rainbows for about an hour and then it died. We then moved out into deeper water to do some tube jiggin. Fishing was steady. The wind kicked our tail about noon thirty and we called it a day.

Friday(today)
Arrived about the same time this morning and it was a balmy 28 degrees. Huge change. Today was better fishing. However, the bite picked up as the day went on. We fished the strawberry river area in 37 feet of water and used tube jigs tipped with the usual meat. The wind was really bad today too so we used the ridge to block the southwesterly flow. As long as we could keep the jigs near the bottom we were getting bit. Beautiful day up there though and the fishing was decent. Only one bow today with the rest being slot cuts and a couple over the slot.

Good luck tomorrow for the DAV event. I may try and make it up there but the wife may not be having any of it.
28 degrees!!!!! Sweet Jezuz, I'm not sure I'm prepared for that.