Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 days at starvation
Had the pleasure of fishing with WET1, FOD (Kelly) [Wink] and my wife.
WINDY,WINDY WIIIINDY the whole trip. Not to bad in the mornings but by 1 PM it really got rough.
Caught jurrasic perch, a few bass one nice brown and a bunch of eyes.
WET1 took the honors of the biggest eye at 28 inches. It was a good solid 8 1/2 punds and I was guessing closer to 9.
The wife and I put around 50 eyes in the boat from thur. to sat.
Our best fish was just over 26 in. with a couple at 25 in. and a fair amount between 19 and 21 in. Our best day was sat. with 31 eyes boated.
The fish were deep and we had a good harness bite going wih chartruce being the hot color.
It was a great 6 days.
[signature]
I had a club tournament up there this weekend, no joke about the wind. Fished Friday afternoon and battled with the wind and couldn't catch anything with any size to it. Saturday morning was decent, calm then windy. Found the bass in the morning on secondary points in 12-15' of water and an awesome crankbait bite...for little bass. My non-boater took first with five fish, big fish at 16 3/4". I took second with four fish, next was two fish, one fish and even some some blanks. Bass fishing was tough but I've already go my excuses lined up! Full moon, coldfront, windy, lol.
I'm glad the walleye were biting because the big bass weren't.

P.S. They could turn the showers up about 10* at the campsite [shocked]
[signature]
Congrats on the fishing tourney. Couldn't have happened to a better gentlemen
[signature]
Way to go on all the eyes, sounded like you had fun.
Guess I need to try it again with bottom bouncers.
[signature]
I dont think it will do any good. We take bottom bouncers up, they'll starting hitting on jig heads hahaaha [sly]
[signature]
HEY PUFFY[Tongue] thanks again for the boat ride. I showed up to your camp with a bunch walleye fillets on Thursday for a fish fry, but you were obviously out on the water already. Sounds like you got into them some more for the weekend. Awesome job on the catching. Sorry about not hookin back up with you but it I had a friend come out to Falcons and we fished some rivers and ponds. I did go out on starvation for about 2 hours but it sucked and I wish that I diddnt bother launching that drifter because it was WINDY AS heck. Anyway we should go fishing again before the hunting season starts and you put your boat away. Let me know. I still owe you a fish fry though and I will follow through. By the way my X girlfriend is named Kelly. That might be why I dont like to be called Kelly but I might make an exception for you.
[signature]
I ran into Wet1 at our DAV fishing event Sat. and he mentioned that you guys had caught some decent eyes at Starvation. Getting ready for the archery hunt this weekend. Did your buddy ever get lined up on some bulls for his limited entry elk tag for the Wasatch?
[signature]
Not yet Pete, any ideas? Cal at Robertsons marine said he would take him above his house.
I was leaning towards the Trout creek area out of Strawberry but I haven't been up there this year.
Any good info you would like to share would be appreciated.
Starvation gave up a fair amount of eyes from 4 to about 9 pounds. Lots of smaller fish this year but thats a good thing.
It shows they had a good spawn last year.

Well it looks like my move to Wyo. is going to be a reality here shortly. I've got the money to pay cash for a house.
If our place here in Roy ever sells it will be fishing and hunting $$$$[cool]
[signature]