Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson res. Need info
I just moved my camp trailer up to a job site 12 miles north of Johnson reservoir and I will be staying up there about four or five days a week for the next couple of months. Does anyone have any info on this puddle?
I might drag my boat down and leave it at Fish Lake for a few weeks and stay there instead of going home, so I could do some serious fishing if its worth the time and effort. Otherwise, Fish Lake is my next option.
Thank You
[signature]
By this time of year Johnson Res water level starts to drop. It's a large surface area, but shallow lake -- when the water level drops the winds quickly churn this lake and turn it into a mud puddle. Water clarity is horrible. I'd recommend sticking to Fish Lake, Forsythe, and Mill Meadow.
[signature]
I have heard there are tiger musky and perch in the lake but just as PBH said it is muddy a lot of the time. We caught perch the last time I fished the lake but they were small. It might be worth giving it a try for tigers but I would not hold my hopes too high. Good luck Bob, no matter what lake you choose.
[signature]
I agree with the other posters. Johnson isn't worth the time. Small perch and trash fish are all that you will find. They planted some muskies there years ago, but I don't think there has been a single confirmed catch.
Go to fish lake if you want buckets of small perch, some rainbows and splake, and a chance at lake trout. Go to Mill Meadow if you want the rainbows and some tiger trout.
[signature]
I worked at Fish Lake last summer. We actually had a couple stop by that had caught a few 40" muskies at this time of the year. Get in your boat and spincast towards shore . There's a log over by the north side of the dam that a few of them usually camp out under. If you go to fish lake the trout aren't as aggressive right now because of the warmer weather. Go early in the morning or later in the evening. Troll with pop gear and a worm or a flat fish. Or if you've got a finder you can do some jigging with glow white tubes.
[signature]