Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minersville Reservoir?
going to be there for work on thurs and was wondering if anyone had any information we would be in float tubes not on a boat. any information would be great thank you.
[signature]
Try fishing for smallies. I wish I had some good news about the trout but not this year.
[signature]
Is there any good trout fishing near there. I've heard that there are some large trout in minersville.
[signature]
Minersville had a pretty poor water year last year, and it took it's toll on the trout. The trout that did make it through last summer\winter are VERY nice trout (24"+). But there just aren't a lot of them. The trout that were stocked last fall should be in good shape, and should have grown very well up to this point. those fish should start showing up this fall on the end of anglers lines -- expect some fat 14" fish.

the smallies are worth targeting, and you might luck into a nice trout.
[signature]
If working right in Minersville, I would fish for smallies there, or for trout below the dam. If you don't mind driving 1 - 2 hrs from Minersville, I would fish any of the following: Beaver Mntn (Tushar Mntn) lakes, Panguitch, Navajo, Paragonah, Newcastle (wipers and smallies), Paiute, or Otter Cr.. I would say that the bigger trout are in Panguitch, Paiute and Otter. Beaver would be the best for scenery. Minersville has big trout, but they are far fewer in numbers than in past years. Traditionally, it is an excellent fishery....hopefully it will return that way soon.
[signature]