Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new guy needs info
[Smile]Hello everyone, I,m a new guy here (just registered). This is a great place to be when I don't have my line in the water!I'm planning on going to Locomotive Springs or Lost Creek in the next couple of days. Any tips, pointers or success stories? Need to figure out which one would be my best bet. Thanks!!!!and GOOD FISHIN' TO YA'LL
[signature]
Welcome to BFT

I think small spinners was working out there,Its been awhile since I have seen a report on these lake but someone here has probably got some info for you.

Tight Lines

[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi Loanfish![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]This a great place for fishermen and a bad place for fish! Welcome to the board and here's looking forward to your future paticipation. Make sure you put up a report about your next trip! Again, welcome aboard![/size][/font]
[signature]
I have never been to Locomotive Springs, but I fished Lost Creek a few weeks ago. If you want to catch fish and lots of them Lost Creek is the place to go. If you want to catch larger fish -- then you may want to try somewhere else. Lost Creek is basically non-stop fishing for 8 - 10 inchers (with an occasional larger fish).
[signature]
good to have you here loanfish, look forward to reading your reports!

sm
[signature]
Welcome Loanfish,

I was just at Lost Creek last night the fishing was a little spotty but all in all we did well we were trolling jakes. most of the fish ranged between 11 and 13 inches hope this helps.
[signature]
I would hit Lost Creek if I were you. THey do not plant Locomotive any more after April. You see, the big migratory birds are around, and they eat most of the trout during the summer months. When they leave around October, they start planting it again. Nice to have you here, and good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
The wealth of knowlage that is shared here is awsome. I didn't know that about locomotive TKB. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Welcome aboard loanfish.
[signature]
Welcome to the board
[signature]
Welcome aboard loanfish!
[signature]
good to have you on.The guys on here are great and love to help out any way the can. I would try lostcreek. We use mostly power bait eggs in red to hook most of the fish. we use a size 10 or 12 circle hook most of the time so we can put them back (hooked in lips most of the time). hope this helps
[signature]
lOST CREEK IS GREAT FOR SMALL FISH. I USE MY FLY ROD. TYPE THREE SINKING LINE. CRYSTAL KILLER FLYS. SOMETIMES WE TROLL THE FLYS FROM THE CANOE. OTHER TIMES I TAKE MY PONTOON AND JUST CAST AND STRIP THE FLYS IN. EITHER WAY I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD DAY AT LOST CREEK. LAST WEEK MY FRIEND AND I FISHED FOR THREE HOURS BEFORE DARK. WE CAUGHT AND RELEASED 40 FISH. CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!
[signature]