Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eskimo, Eastman or Clam ice shelter for 2 men with 4 ice holes and fishfinder hole WHICH ONE?
I know, I know - it's like 100 degrees out and I'm thinking ice fishing. HOWEVER, I am thinking about selling my Eskimo QuikFlip 2 and getting one of these. Which one is the best in all your opinions - best bang for the buck? I'd like to get one before they all sell out. Things I'm considering - ease of entry/exit, amount of condensation inside with heater on (guess that depends if I have open ventilation, huh?), set up, anchor use, darkness inside, dimensions (I'm thinking 3 or 4 man sizes) and whatever else.
By the way, wanna buy my old sled/flip up style for a pre-season price?
[signature]
I really like my Eskimo Quickfish III. The only thing I hated about it was the storage bag that came with it. It was a giant pain in the butt every time you moved locations or packed up due to how small the bag was and how big the tent is. So I went to REI and bought a snowboard bag on clearance to store my shelter in and it works beautifully.
[signature]
I have the Eskimo quick flip 3, the newer red one with 3 individual seats in it. I love it and has the built on sled with tons of storage. You can easily fish 3 people with a fish finder and have all your gear in the sled behind you. The only downfall is the weight and size. It all packs easily into the sled but it weighs about 90 pounds, empty. It pulls very easy across the lake but if you have to go up any inclines to get out it can be a pain. I would recommend it though.
[signature]
If weight is an issue, I would recommend going with the quickfish 3. Much lighter andnot an issue to pull out on the ice withouit a sled or a bike, If you have a sled and you want a NICE rig, then spend the extra money and go with an OTTER series. A little more money, but you will enjoy it. Thats just my two cents.

I have an otter two man and love it. I had a quickflip two, it was ok, but me and that ice hut got a divorce and its fishing with another owner. I have the otter two person and dont regret spending the extra money. Remember, you get what you pay for. PERIOD!
[signature]
As mentioned earlier weight is a big factor
with you previously owning a QuikFlip 2 im assuming you were pulling all 87 lbs with a snowmobile but if your looking to go lighter I suggest a Eskimo Quickfish3. Quickfish3 will house 3 to 4 people, ease of entry & exit comes with screw in anchors and tie downs, there's covered vents that allow less or more air in out of the tent and all windows have covers on them so its fairy dark inside setup and take down is a breeze.

If you looking to buy one shoot me a pm I have last years model (the green one) for sale its in perfect condition even has a coat of 303 waterproofer\fabric guard on it.
[signature]
I'm thinking of keeping the one I have and getting a good used QuikFish 3, like yours...I pm'd you but haven't heard back.
[signature]
Sent PM
[signature]
I have a quickfish II I think, first time I took it out in the scofeild wind I busted 2 poles and I haven't got it out yet. I didn't like it. Just my 2 cents
[signature]