Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amer. Fork Canyon, Silver lake and Silver Lake Flat
Is silver lake and silver lake flat two different lakes up american fork canyon? The DWR report tells of them, I know where Silver Lake is but i have never heard of silver lake flat.
Thanks
[signature]
They are 2 different lakes. You can drive to Silver Lake Flat. Then you can hike to Silver Lake (1.5 miles?) and then there's even another tiny 'pond' above Silver Lake called Silver Glance Lake (I think it's called that).

Some people think Silver Lake Flat is Silver Lake.

Hope that helps.
[signature]
I think silver lake flat is the upper lake that you have to hike to. They stock Greylings in it and there are not really any lakes drivable (via 2wd) to any greyling lakes..that and I think thats what the sign said last time I was up there..
[signature]
I know google shows it has just silver flat but there is definatly a miss happening between DNR and the maps..
[signature]
Silver Lake Flat is 4 miles above Tibble Fork Res on a dirt road that switchbacks most of the way. At the far end of the lake (where the inlet is) there are bathroom facilities and the trail to Silver Lake starts there (just look for the trail head sign). I just hiked to Silver Lake last week and it was a great hike. The trail is just over 1.5 miles long and the lake has been stocked with Grayling for several years as well as Brook trout. We didn't see ANY sign of grayling but caught numerous brookies in the 10-12 inch range.......But Silver Lake Flat is definitely the lower lake and Silver Lake requires the hike.
[signature]
I fully retract my statement....did my research...you are correct....sorry...I feel stupid..I'm not worthy...Whatever else anybody want to say about me (Fill in the blank)
[signature]
I wouldn't let it bother you. I've lost count on the number of people that tell me you can drive to Silver Lake and you have to hike to the flats over the years. The hike is a little steep in places but well worth the trip if for nothing but the view.
[signature]
There are actually 3 lakes named Silver Lake:

[url "http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/utahlakes/silverlakeflat.php"]Silver Lake Flat Reservoir[/url] (the lower lake you can drive to on the dirt road above Tibble Fork).
[url "http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/utahlakes/silverlake.php"]Silver Lake[/url] (Utah County) 1.5 mile hike above Silver Lake Flat Reservoir
Silver Lake (Salt Lake County) near Brighton ski resort, which you can drive to and walk a hundred yards or so to get to it (and it is much more heavily fished).
[signature]