Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Night fishing...
Got on the water about eight tonight. There are four guys with the canoe and kakays. I was the only float tuber on the water kinda late for showing up.
They all left about fifteen minutes but I stayed on....they were wondering about me.... as it was getting dark.
Nice night and water's nice.
While they were out of sight I got out the headlamp and was ready for anything in the night.
Only caught one bass and looks to me about 15 incher....stayed until ten. No action in along while so pack up. Fin back to the shore and noticed frogs from their glowing eyes from my headlamp. They stay frozen put and it was so easy to pick them up.... and lots. I could catch them all for tomorrow's dinner.....
Hiked back to the truck and whoa! big spiders as they do glow up in the dark with my headlamp too!
Walking in u don't see them but they come out when it is dark...yikes!
I had to be sure I didn't get one riding on me while walking out in the tall weeds!

Gotta get in bed as I gotta work tomorrow morning...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you don't like spiders and snakes, night fishing can give you the "yips". But, if you are after big bass, night fishing in the warm summer months can be a great way to get the adrenaline going. The bigger fish in small lakes often are most active after dark and will scare the heck out of ya when they crash on a topwater in the dark of night. But, even a subsurface spinnerbait or crankbait can produce well in low light conditions. Bass have a sensitive lateral line for vibrations and they can see quite well in low light.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good story. Just be sure that you have a couple of lights with you when you go out...and some lakes require "running lights" to allow you to be seen by boaters. It's a good idea to carry an airhorn too, for protection or to summon help if you need it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also not good to go by yourself, in case of problems...and always let someone else know where you are going and when you expect to return.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nite tubing sounds like a fun.
There is nite tubing at one of the lakes near me once a
mount. from 6pm-12am ( I think)
$11.00 to get in to lake campund plus
$6.00 to launch tube plus
$20.00 for the nite tubing.
Total $37.00 and it includes a glow stick (big deal)

I just dont think Im going to support that kinda rape.

Peter
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]WOW. I hope they kiss you too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, practice safe casting.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I fished that pond a few times and know the lay of the area. No big boaters there so it is all carry in. My wife knows where I would be (she thinks I'm a little wako kind of guy for doing that)
Have done walking out of the woods or in while bow hunting for deer and used that headlamp (both ways with the light on or off mostly off until I'm at where I wanted to be) so that doesn't scare me much (bugs are already sleeping for their season) but summer is a little different everything is alive!
Someday I would like to get a cell phone but for now I would want to get a whistle so does anyone know of one that is WAY LOUD? I could use that for deer hunting while in the stand if I fall off and dangling with my safely harness....
As I ask for one that is loud is the reason the highway is right there and it would or might kill the whistle and the railroad is on the other side and maybe a mile or two to the nearest road but I drive all the way in until the railroad tracks.
It is a different world at night in the woods or pond......
[signature]
[Image: 8-oz-Air-Horn-B0001ZVQZM-L-A35DODFUFQJECB_.jpg]
[signature]
[quote Bluegillman]I fished that pond a few times and know the lay of the area. No big boaters there so it is all carry in. My wife knows where I would be (she thinks I'm a little wako kind of guy for doing that)
Have done walking out of the woods or in while bow hunting for deer and used that headlamp (both ways with the light on or off mostly off until I'm at where I wanted to be) so that doesn't scare me much (bugs are already sleeping for their season) but summer is a little different everything is alive!
Someday I would like to get a cell phone but for now I would want to get a whistle so does anyone know of one that is WAY LOUD? I could use that for deer hunting while in the stand if I fall off and dangling with my safely harness....
As I ask for one that is loud is the reason the highway is right there and it would or might kill the whistle and the railroad is on the other side and maybe a mile or two to the nearest road but I drive all the way in until the railroad tracks.
It is a different world at night in the woods or pond......[/quote]

You dont have a cell phone?????? Im sorry but
I just find that shoking. You can get a cell phone for
free this days and service as low as $19.99 or even
less.

whistle- I bought one at Sport Chalet that is very
small and super loud. They say its the one thats used by the navy I think and it also works wet or under water.I tryd it at home and YES is it very loud.
If you like I will take a picture of it for you.

Peter
[signature]
oooohh that one is way loud and bowhunters would kick me out of the woods or the earth![shocked][cool]
[signature]
My wife has that sidekick and uses it quite a lot. Deals sound good but we don't "talk" with those but do alot of IM or page and emails so getting two of them isn't cheap there. They don't have that kind of deal for us yet.....
Whistle, who makes that, that I can look up on the interent? Picture would be good too, thanks!
"Works under water" how does the sound travel like that?

[signature]
Ok ,the name of the whistle is Wind Storm and it is
VERY VERY VERY loud. I took a picture of it
for you. I hope this helps.[Wink]

Peter
[signature]