Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT the heck?!
Reading about HFT catching the Grayling and the upper Provo / Uinta's got me thinking about hitting it this weekend. Have an Annual pass and everything.
So off we go. No waders, no tubes, so I am thinking the rivers. We get up to Washington and Hubby said, let's go. Well we had Baxter with us and I knew he was going to love all these trees.
It seemed like it took forever to get there then walking forever....I WANNA FISH!!! Don't get me wrong, I loved the walking through the trees and all that, it's just...I WANNA FISH!!!![laugh]
I was getting cranky and then to top it off, I had my bamboo and my 10' TFO (Thinking it would be a nice edge on the shore fishing.) in my hand while walking through the forest. I look up and the top section of the TFO was gone. Okay...DO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME AT THIS POINT!!!![mad]
Hubby and Baxter backtracked and found it.

Well now we are dealing with COLD! and wind in the face. I was not quite dressed for the 8,000 foot more or less elevation.

I decided to give it my best and calm down. Tied on a big dry like a Tarantula. Rolled it on out there and a couple of good slams on the big dry. So I attached a 20" dropper with a Modified PT.
Rolled it on out and BAM on the nymph:

TIGER TROUT
[Image: IMG_1622.jpg]

Rolled it out again and BAM!

A BROOKIE:
[Image: Brookie1.jpg]

Rolled it out again and BAM!

A RAINBOW:
[Image: IMG_1632.jpg]

Okay, I am a little freak about now and thinking what a killer fly.
Cast out one more time and this IS the forth cast with the Nymph.....BAM!!

GRAYLING:
[Image: Gayling1.jpg]

CRAZY!!!! Caught more Rainbow and Brookies but had to time it between wind gusts

even one on the big old Dry fuzzy:
[Image: BlueDun.jpg]

Besides being very cold and wind in the face...it turned out to be a pretty great day. Four Casts...Four different Species.

FG
[signature]
..... now that is a GOOD DAY OF FISHING ... [laugh]

awesome report sis.. absolutely awesome.. [cool]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks...can you BLOG it?
I have a couple other shots I can add to it in a pm.
[signature]
check your messages.. [Wink]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Nice going sister. If Im ever next to you and you
loose part of your rod or something, I will make
sure that I run[Smile]
But really- nice fish and from the shore!
thank you for sharing.

Peter
[signature]
Youd have to beat Baxster and her hubby to really be on the safe side.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I have seen picture of Baxter...........................RUN again[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
he may be small and low to the ground.. but he is fast.. LOL.. well logs give him a bit of a problem.. but other than that he is good to go.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I don't know about logs either. He is part Michael Jordan. He jumps up on the back of the couch from a seated position. Not good for wiener dogs, but what you gonna do to stop them?
[signature]
oh come now sis.. you know the answer.. you wrap him up tight in a BUN.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
LMAO...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Tried it...it didn't work....LOL
[Image: weinerdog.jpg]
[signature]
lol.. .now that is funny... [laugh]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]All's well that ends well. I would have been happy just to have found the rod's tip. Very nice catch of fish. No wonder you all live in Utah, as you can go fishing every day. I'm jealous to say the least. Mac and I have to go to Von's [Safeway] to get our daily catch. LOL[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
and their fish are getting expensive.. [laugh]
[signature]