Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk
New to the area im active military. Got an archery tag for elk just wondering if Monte is a good place to go. I dont need to know anyones secert huntin spots just want advice on where i can pop a cow, closer to the base the better.

thanks,
[signature]
Alot of elk in the Strawberry area and not much pressure after the weekend opener. We harvested 3 cows in our group of 7 hunters. Good luck on your hunt.
[signature]
appreciate the info, another guy told me to take "red creek road' or something like that....i am having trouble finding exactly on the map where that is, its north of strawberry from what i understand.

thanks again
[signature]
Take highway 40 East past Soldier Creek/Strawberry Res. to the Fruitland Store I'm thinking around mile marker 60 or 61 then turn left at the Store (North) follow the road that will eventually turn to gravel keep heading up this road maybe 7 or 8 miles. The Red Creek Res. will be on your left. Some of the ground in the area is posted by Bandana Ranch but there is alot of public land. Tabby Mt. will be the big Mt. on your right and Bobby Duke and Raspberry Knoll will be to your left. If you are in a 4X4 you can take a left a couple miles above Red Creek Res. and drive across Red Creek it has a good hard bottom, and follow the road up over the divide eventually leading you to Current Creek Res. and take that road back to highway 40. A great place to ride an ATV and glass as there are a grundle of roads in this area as well as some good elk and deer hunting. A map of the area or looking it up on google earth site will help get your bearings.
[signature]