Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daddin' at Scofield
Took two loads of grandkids up to Scofield for our annual end of summer crawdadin' expedition. Bummer! Couldn't find the little buggers. Tried our usual spots and couldn't find 'em. Started by Madsen Bay launch and only got a couple. I finally walked out on the launch, just past the big sign that says "No swimming, fishing, catching crawdads or minnows from the launching dock." Thought they might be out in deeper water. Caught one there and got the erie feeling that I was being watched by the fish cops from every high point around the water. Retreated like a common criminal to the rocky shore and still could not find them . Finally moved over across the dam and still nothing. Caught lots of minnows in the trap but no dads. Great day and the kids had fun anyway.

Anybody had any luck up there??
[signature]
Sorry to hear that!

I do really appreciate your post though. I was planning on taking my kids to Scofield soon for crawdads. Now I'll wait a bit.

Thanks!!

Nate
[signature]
[cool]Ya know, I 'm not a biologist, but the last time I went up there crawdading anyway, was in 2006 and we only got a couple. I know how to go after them good too. It had been the same way the year before. I wasn't impressed with the crawdadding in Scofield. For some reason, I don't think they are in there as thick as in years past. I remember like in '02 or so that my ex and I were at her family's campsite in Fairview Canyon and a family member of hers came back with tons of them from right off the damn, but like I said, I do not believe that they are very thick in there for the past few years of so... [:/]

When I go after 'dads, I go to Strawberry. It's freakin' LOADED with them. I hear that Grantsville Res in Tooele County has a bunch of them too, but have yet to go out there...
[signature]