Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a couple of firsts @ the Berry
This Saturday I will be having a couple of firsts
1) First time I've gone fishing with my wife.
2) First time my wife has gone fishing!

We'll be camping at renegade, we're planning on going up sat morning and heading home Sunday night. I've been reading up on all the Berry posts to prepare. I've been fishing there a couple times about 15 years ago, but this will be the first time fishing from the shore... Any tips I've read everything from Powerbait with a 6 ft leader and weight, night crawlers, to spinners from the shore.
Thanks a year into our marriage we CAN'T get skunked first time
[signature]
I don't want to discourage you, but fishing from the shore at Renegade may be a challenge this time of year (better in spring and fall). Maybe you can find some water that is deep enough to be holding fish in the channel where the small stream flows into Renegade (you will cross this stream a short distance before the campground). Other advice would be to fish really early or really late (at night would be your best bet). If you haven't firmed up your plans you might have a better chance camping and fishing on the Soldier Creek side (water is deeper over there). I don't like to fish with PowerBait (except to sometimes tip a jig with it) because the fish tend to swallow the hook; however, it does catch the cutts and rainbows up there. A crawler and a marshmallow should catch a few, and a whole minnow under a slip bobber will often work. You may also catch a few casting flies (early and late) and various lures. Good luck.
[signature]
hmmm idk im going there next week to try out my bobber with a brain
[signature]
Thanks for the help nothing is solid yet on the camping end that's just the spot we have always gone (to camp that is), where's a good spot to go on soldier creek
[signature]
HMMM I think your not a virgin to the berry?[fishin] I like lucky strike ghost bigger sizes not to big yet though early and late good luck Skip!!
[signature]
I would consider Aspen (the one across the dam).
[signature]
I'm not a virgin at berry, we jigged from a boat, but my first time from the shore. We'll look into aspen I read on a website that's the best camp site. Thanks everyone I hope we'll have a picture to put up by next week
[signature]
Inquiring minds want to know.

Did you go?
How did you do?
[signature]
Aspen Grove, hands down. Try fishing the cove on your right (fee area) just after you turn off the highway.
[signature]