Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake and Deer Creek report
Fished Utah Lake Saturday for a few hours. Water temp was only 66. Caught one Walleye and a couple cats. Threw jigs and tails for eyes and kept another line in the water with a bobber and crawler for cats. Walleye was 17". Watched a guy I know catch a bigger eye. He had at least one more on. We were fishing Lincoln Beach area. Near the "L".
Went to Deer Creek Sunday and launched at Island Park marina. Water temp was 65 at launch and reached 68 in the afternoon. Threw jigs and tails, pulled lindy rigs and spinners. Caught six eyes. One on a Lindy, two on jigs, and three with spinners. Used hammered silver blades and red beads and floats. My fishing partner and cameraman caught his biggest eye ever. 27" fish in 34' of water at 3:00 in the afternoon.
Caught fish from 22' to 34' on points and on the flats.
Not a fast and furious day. Fished hard and never even dropped anchor. Very litle wind and way too many toys.

walleyeob
[signature]
Great report!! I didn't get to go out this weekend but it looks I should have. Might try it over the 4th, but then again I don't care for crowds, but we'll see what happens. Al
[signature]
Great report, I am hoping to get up to Deer creek this week. That is good that the walleye bite is still on!!!
[signature]
Great report Bob,we sure have been missing them for the last few months. Did you get your computer fixed? How much did your partner's big eye weigh? WH2
[signature]
well i dont work till saturday, polo, so whenever you decide to come up just shoot me off a PM.
[signature]
Hey WH2, the computer barely works. I should go get a new one, but,,, I really need a new G.P.S. I think a good big screen GPS needs to find a home in my boat. I'm just hoping the computer doesn't blow up and burn the house down while I'm not looking.
We didn't weigh that big walleye. I would guess about seven pounds. Purty fish. Deer Creek walleye are the best looking eyes ther is.
OOPS!! SCREEN IS STARTING TO FLICKER!!GOTTA GO!!

walleyebob
[signature]
Hey Bob, have I got a deal for you. A friend of mine builds CPUs, you use your old monitor, key board and mouse. I bought one from him in 98 and I'm still using it but because new stuff is always coming out I'm thinking about buying a new one. I'll send you a PM with the details. WH2
[signature]