Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Pine Brookies
Me and the wife hiked into white pine saturday afternoon. Got around 20 brookies between the two of us in four hours of fishing. Just trailing fly behind sinking bobber-double renegade, olive damsel fly worked the best. around 7 when they started jumping caught a few on a masquito fly. It was a great little hike and the fishing was a pleasant surprise.

Don't go alone, Take a wife fishing!
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a blast! Question, how difficult is the hike? I have a 4 year old and a 5.5 year old and I am looking for some new scenery for them.
[signature]
it is posted as a 3 mile, and it took us an hour and 15 to get in and about the same coming out. Plan on a couple hours atleast if you take your kids-the last 3/4 mile is steep switchbacks, but probably 10 kids around 4-5 yrs hiking out while on our way in, so I'm sure they could make it, but don't be surprised if they end up on your shoulders part of the time
[signature]
Thanks for the info porta_homer.
[signature]
How big were the brookies? I have been thinking about making the hike myself. I have always heard there were fish in there. I have been to the lake but never fished it. I figured the water would be drawn down pretty far each year so I was not sure how many fish remained each spring.

Thanks for the good report,

m
[signature]
ranged from 8-15" with average at 12"
[signature]
Wow. Sounds good. Thanks.

m
[signature]
[#ff0000]Is this the Tony Grove area White Pine Lake? It sounds like it. I was going to take my mountain bike up from the bottom on the bunchgrass trail for a change. Have you ever been on that trail? I hiked down it a half mile from the bridge just to look around once and looked to be a good bike trail from what little I saw. Still looking for someone that likes a good mountain bike/fishing adventure! [/#ff0000]
[signature]
sorry never been on that bottom trail, but we saw several bikes on the trail from tony grove
[signature]