Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard friday night
Hit willard tonight with a buddy. We started out of the south marina and trolled along the south end all the way up to the light pole without a bite, although I was marking alot of fish on the finder. Got over to the light pole and ever other fisherman on the lake was out there casting toward shore but I didn't see anything rising around them with my binos and no one with a fish on.
We started seeing alot of one/two splash rises so we just started drifting along and casting at the occaisonal rise, like everyone else was doing. The guys next to us caught a few but we just couldn't seem to get one to bite on anything under the surface, even on casts that would have been a sure hook up on a striper for me last week got nothing, kinda frustrating. FINALLY i hooked up on a top water popper which made me Smile, man those things are fun! [Smile] As the light was fading another one detonated on my popper, making my fishing buddy a little mad at me, but oh well!
On the ride back I snapped a pic of one of those amazing sun sets that the fishing gods treat you to every now and then, not a bad send off into the new school year
[signature]
Nice Report and great pics[cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#000000][size 4]Thanks for the report and Photos, [Wink] this time is year is tough out there on Willard, the wiper are full of shad and feed at night most of the time.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#000000][size 4] as time goes on in the year the fishing will pick up again, you did quit well for this time of year.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#000000][size 4]And I put your sunset photo in an archive for later use; I think it is worthy of a prize. Nice work.[/size][/#000000][/font] [fishin]
[signature]
ha, thanks. That scene only lasted fifteen minutes or so, It was hard to drive with my back to it on the way to the marina!
[signature]
That is one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen!!!!
[signature]