Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Lake 26th -29th(Report)
Took a family vaction to moon lake and would have to say it was a wonderful place to be this last weekend,temps in the low 70's and clear.

My first try at fishing was on the west side,drifted,using a gold crocidile with chub meat,did that for four hour and no takers,also tried gold kastmaster,silver kastmaster,bottom bouncer with chub meat,or worm,so I went to trolling,started with the jakes spin-a-lure in gold with red dots,the lodge said they always caught fish,my wife caught one on it in hour and a half of trolling,so I broke out my go to stuff,small pop gear with a white rooster tail,caught about ten fish,then I went to a green wedding ring behind the pop gear and caught more fish,it was a great weekend to be on moon lake,it was full to the brim,and could have launched my big boat,would have been nice to have the fish finder,The last day I tryed to target some bigger fish fished a walking sinker with a white float and night crawler,hooked into the biggest fish of the weekend with the set up.a wopping 15" splake.as soon as I get the pics I will post them.

Most fish 8-10"

most fish caught on the west side,trolling 30 yrds off the bank.also fish creek had a good number of rainbows just out from where the river dumped in,and the main inlet is where the bigger fish where caught,drifting the nightcrawler,right out from the inlet.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]
I've never been up ther before but i'd sure like to try it. How is the camping up there? And is it easily accessible all around the lake. Which is more productive, shore fishing or tubing? since i'm boatless.
[signature]
great report, is the water going over the spill way??? I am going out there next weekend, might be motivating to put my boat back together!!!
[signature]
Loanfish,There is plenty of shore access,and there is nice camp grounds,we rented the cabains,there pretty cool,they rent boats for 75.00 a day,and the river inlets should get better as it warms.there was only 2 fish caught all weekend of the shore,so its up to you.

Polokid,Take your boat if you have four wheel drive,I could have launched my 17' boat with no problem at all,there was a guy launching a 16' aluminum all weekend,my boat wieghs 2900lbs and I could have,I think we would have done better on the splake if I could have used a fish finder.

Tight Lines

Tony[cool]
[signature]