Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyote
Heading east twards Harrison yesterday I had to slow down for what I thought was a german sheperd pup in the road . I realised that it was a yote just too late to get a double thump from the tire .
Coyotes are really becoming a problem around here , I have a few dens across the street that a 10 year old kid could throw a rock to .
You guys having any yote problems in your area ?
[signature]
we got them here in back of my house, in front too.[:p]

they dont seem to bother my chickens, the coons on the other hand do, and the ground hogs reek havac on the garden and is digging holes under my house.

the detroiters are always feeding thier small cat sized breed of dogs to the cyotes.... "turning them loose out side where there is wilderness areas and letting them run unchecked untill all that is left is a single YIPE and they are gone for good... of corse the hawks and eagles are just as hard on those small rabbit sized dogs, just no one hears sees them so the cyotes get all the blaim...[crazy]

Ya know on a good fur priced year, a pet bunny or a chicken and a cyote trap in your yard could bring in a pretty penny to buy gas for the boat motor [:p]

and no, the bunny or chicken is not harmed... they are just as safe or safer than if they were in your living room... The trap has a seperate compartment for them to sit in that the cyotes cant get to them. Take caution, it is unlawfull to use those traps on any land other than your own...
[signature]
ANYBODY TRIED HUNTING THEM..IVE DONE IT WITH A BUDDY A FEW TIMES ITS ACCTUALLY FUN..HES GOT A VARMIT CALL RECORDING AND WE GO ON BRIGHT MOONLITE NITES..WE SHOT 3 LAST TIME WE WENT
[signature]
Yep , I hunt them .
I have a couple callers and can do a good bunny distress call naturally .
Most my shots are dead center chest with the 243 WSSM , sometimes they duck at the last second and I end up with a head shot .
I hunt the state land and have permition on a few farms to hunt them .
[signature]
ive done it a few times and loveed it...there somthing about sitting in the middle of nowwere in the middle of the nite quitly waiting for the coyote to come in..
[signature]
On my way home today that yote or one of his brothers was on the side of the road , looked like a fresh hit .
[signature]