Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Park Browns and Steinakers Rainbows(report)
I spent some time in the Basin on vacation. The fishing was hit and miss.6/22 I hit Steinaker for some Bass at just about day light in my tube and caught 3 large Mouths and a blue gill. I caught the bass by the dam on a Buzz bait and a worm got the gill. The bass were small but it was so much fun catching them on buzzers.[Smile] I went back to my mother in laws house for some breakfast around 9am. I got back to Steinaker later that day and fished the flats and old inlets on the north side of the reservior from my tube from 4:30 to dark. I was going for bass again and only caught 1 on a Kinami 5" worm. The weather was bad with wind,rain and white caps. I was casting in to little pockets and slowly kick my way out. I caught one Bass 12" and of all things a 19" rainbow.[shocked]I finally got over the old inlets and changed to a jointed shad rap and couldn't keep those rainbows off. I caught about 15 more rainbows and smallest was around 10" and the largestwas round 17". On the way back across the flats the wind had died down so I put on the buzz bait again and had some good hits but I could not hook them.
6/23 Browns Park.We camped down at Indian Crossing camp ground. I fished a little on Monday night with no luck. It had rained hard sunday threw Tuesday and the water was stained Red. I fished Little Hole on Wensday and caught 2 small rainbows on a Mepps spinner. On Thrusday night I finally got to fish near the camp ground and caught a nice Brown on the first cast. It was 20" and boy was it a blast. Caught it on the Mepps with a silver blade. I also caught 3 Rainbows on the Mepps 1-17" 2-13". The next morning I fished some more and caught 4 more Rainbows on Mepps 1-17" and 3 under 12". I caught another big Brown with that Mepps. It gave me great fight and come out of the water 6 times. [Wink]It was 22" long and it is still there for some one else to catch. I released all the fish that I caught while on vacation.
Saturady night I hit Steinaker from shore and Caught 3 bass on the mepps. 3 bass on the buzz bait and a blue gill on the Mepps.
It was a good week of fishing[Wink]
[signature]