Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fly flingin' morning on mirror lake
Well we started out early and arrived to a slight breeze and crystal clear lake. Mirror Lake had only two bank tanglers fishing when we launched. When we left there were two more tubers, the original two banktanglers were replaced by two others and a collapsible row boat was being launched.

Well MaDfisher55 launched first and started to work his new mods and check out his new motor. I launched soon after and he announced he had a fish on his red woolly bugger but it had got away. I started with an olive woolly bugger and caught a nice rainbow to start the day. We worked our way across the lake, Mark made it to the other end quickly and you could see him waving his fairy wand at a distance. I slowly worked my way over and had several hits but no hookups, realized the tail was too long so I changed woolly buggers (kept the same color) wallah caught a nice one for number two and put it on the stringer for the minnows dinner. I kept poundin' them as I arrived to some nice calm water. MaDfisher55 changed colors to the olive and I switched rods to floating from full sinking. I was now floating a royal wullff and the top water action was moving. Finally we had to head to the parking lot.

Mark had a mishap while he was paying attention to something else he had a hit and nxt thing he knew he had a birds nest made out of air cel. He switched to a spinning outfit and started to throw a nice spoon. Caught an albino and did a qick release at the boat. I had several more small to nice trout. Added two more to the stringer and then headed in. All in all a great day on the water and plan on doing it again next week. MaDfisher55 was able to see how his mods worked or lack thereof and will have them repaired for the next move.

Pics attached!!!!
[cool][cool]
[signature]
Very NICE! Like I said, Mirror is 50' deep in the far shore area so allot of fish survive and get BIG.
I caught a 17" Albino.
I made up some ORANGE griffith gnats and they LOVE them...Also yellow.

Glad you got out. It is not uncommon up there to have 50 fish days with the right combination.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Excellent.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]...and no (human) fatalities.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Shure is purty up there, ain't it?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Very nice ! Sounds like a great day on the water.

Peter
[signature]
Birds Nest? I think not....more like a teradaktyal nest. I have never seen a mess the likes of that one.

I openly admint im a novice at the fly rod. Its nice to know people like Kevin aka albinotrout. Hope some of his expertice and experience rubs off.

What a wonderful day. Thanks Kev. Until next week.

Mark

[fishon]
[signature]
You're just rusty is all. with a little help we will get you back up to speed. First we need to get you a decent reel with two spools or two reels and another rod[sly], one with floating line and the other with sinking. Then it will get easier. Next week is another week and fishing day. Got plenty of time to get you properly rigged. Need to come down to the fishn' torium (garage) and we will go over all that you want to know.[cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][cool][#0000ff]Excellent.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]...and no (human) fatalities.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Shure is purty up there, ain't it?[/#0000ff][/quote]

You're welcome to join us. We are planning an all dayer next week up there.
[signature]
Now that would be fun. Tube Dude and Tube Babe in the Uintas. I could make that one.
Nothing but slimers though[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the invite. TubeBabe will only have one free day next week and either Tuesday or Thursday she wants to go to Starvation again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, if you plan it for a day when I can make it I would love to join ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is the time of year when my "slimer side" begins to emerge again. Yeah, I become a "slimer emerger". Gonna hit Huntington and Scofield soon too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Right now we are looking at tuesday.
[signature]
We will just miss you. We are heading up Saturday through Monday. I would like Washington as it will be easier with our boats.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like we are out. Our schedule is narrowed down to Tuesday being the only day we are both available and TubeBabe is set on Starvation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not now does not mean never. Wanna hit it before iceup anyway. That is if I can stay away from Huntington and other ponds. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Once the first of September passes it gets difficult to decide which direction to point my tube. Too many places to fish...with fishing that is likely to be the best of the year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I also get a bit selfish this time of year. No more floatillas or newbie training courses. No more lure making classes and no more craft customizing for other folks. Any time the weather allows it, I will be on the water. Down time will be spent getting ready for the next trip.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So...nobody better bother me for the next two or three months. I'm gonna get serious about my fishin' for awhile.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds good. Anyway when the snow starts flyin that is a great time to work on tube pimpin anyway, that is if you have a heated garage or a nice warm basement. Or just start thinking about hole tending.[laugh] Have un at starvation!!!
[signature]
[#0000ff]"""So...nobody better bother me for the next two or three months. I'm gonna get serious about my fishin' for awhile"""[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#000000]Ya get to fish way alot more than I get!!!![/#000000]
[#000000] [mad] Was gonna do a little tomorrow (Saturday morning) but found out my truck's brakes are kinda shot and the wife says "NO" about going tubing and I cannot take her SUV...darn....[:/] she and her mom needs it to go to a 80th birthday party and don't trust me if I don't make it back on time.... Us fishermen do the "one more cast" and that would be 100th time before giving up....[Wink][/#000000]

So don't stop there keep those post and pic coming as I do enjoy them![Smile][fishin]
[signature]