Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 8/26 pm
Lunkerhunter2 met Holly,Kait and I out at Willard to show us the ins and outs of boils. We have never fished boils before and I can now see how addictive it can be. We got there at 4:00 pm and starting casting up to the dike and I picked up a kitty. Then we met up at freeway bay and got the chance to shoot the bull with him, but my hearing is as bad as my back and was only picking up a little bit so he was mainly talking to Holly. I hope he didn't think I was ignoring him.
Anyway we headed out about 6 in search for boils he went west and we went south and we finally seen a real nice boil, well I cast into it and Slam I got one right off the bat, told Holly and Kait to go for it but they had gotten their poles tangled or it should have been a triple.
We found a few more smaller boils but I only managed one more wiper before it got too dark and headed in.
Now that we know what to look for and hopfully be more on the ball, I look forward to more evenings out there.
Thanks again Brody
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Grz. Wait until the boils really get going, your arms will be hurting because their sore from reeling in those hard fighting wipers. Looks like the boils are going to be later than normal this year but the good news is we might be seeing a new record wiper with all the food they have to eat[Wink].
[signature]
nice! time for the fly rod and a white bugger!
[signature]
That will be fine with me. I want my grand-daughters and Hollys arm to get sore though.
[signature]
I talked to Brody after you guys got in and said he should have limited easily,He reported to me you three had a good system down with Holly on the big motor and you on the bow mount. and the fish where boiling like crazy the last half hour,he said the fish are not hitting baits very well and didn't have time to experiment.

Now that you know what they look like and how to fish them you will get into them. sorry to here that Holly and kait didn't get a hook up. usually you can throw just about anything into a boil and get a fish.

I will be up there Saturday evening. Tonight and Friday night I have to work.If you want to join me give me a call.
[signature]
We were thinking Friday night, but what the heck Saturday night too might work.
Heck it's only money[Wink]
[signature]
HA HA, I like your attitude. [fishin]
[signature]
They were pretty good size ones too. Not as big as your monster, but one was 20" and the other was 20 1/2". Both close to 3.5 lb. One of them had a minnow in its belly, pretty small one tho, didnt have a head, but was about 2" without its head. Kait says it was exciting even tho she didnt get one. Even with me yelling at her to hurry up and untangle us lol. Hopefully next time she can.
[signature]
I had a good time talking with you guys and trying to get you on some fish. In the end, you found them by yourself. I will be back out there tonight and possibly saturday night before i go bye-bye.
P.S. I am probably almost as deaf as you are Griz.[Wink]
[signature]
Well Holly has School tonite and we have to, or my wife has to Babysit until 7:00, so tonight is a bust for me. Sat. we are planning to go. Tony said he was going. I am going to try to get the wife out there Friday night so she has Sat. to rest up to go back to work Sun
[signature]
where you headed to Brody??? How were the bugs in the evening???
[signature]
Spokane
Very bad!
[signature]
Spokane, that is where I joined the Army back in 1988. Whats waiting for you over there???
[signature]
Everything
[signature]