Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
churly, Chick., PB Chick LM, 8-23-09, Ashley
I had planned to hit the Gunny hole, but about mid morning, I decided to head toward the Chick and Drag my wife along. First stop yeiled my PB largemouth from Chick. I caught the fish on a high spot in the river in 10-12ft. on a DJW 3/4oz. football jig. It was really windy today and the bite was tough. I had only landed one keeper prior to this fish and when it bit my jig it hit hard. My wife had some kind of baby scrap book spread out all over and I yelled get the net. She calmly leaned over the side and scooped her up. I was exstatic. My batteries are dead in my scales so I put the fish in the livewell and started to ice it down so I could have someone weigh it. I looked back in the well and just didn't like the idea of killing such an old fish, so I snapped a couple of pics and off she swam. I dont know what it weighed but its the biggest I have caught on this lake and would eat the 7.75lber I caught on gunny last weekend. i ended up catching a few more fish later in the evening in deeper water on dropshots and jigs. It was a tough bite!