Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite curly tail grub brand, except Yamamoto?
Do any of you have a brand of curly tail grub you really like and is durable? I spend a lot of money on grubs and am completely disgusted with the Yamamoto brand. The plastic formulation or tail structure has been changed in the past year or so, resulting in the tails tearing off with no pressure at all.

With previous years' models of Yamamoto grubs, I could reuse the lure over and over and over, to the point that the body would look terrible and I would finally swap it out.

This year, the tail is pulled off with the lightest of strikes. At my latest trip to Powell last week, I went though a grub about every 2 strikes and many times I used a grub per cast!! That had never happened in previous year's formulations.

Whatever the reason (better action, etc.) that Yamamoto lures has for doing this (in my opinion, $$$$$$$$), I simply can't afford it.

Is there a brand you use that holds up after repeated strikes?

Thanks.
[signature]
I like using Berkley power grubs. Their are many color and combos you just have to keep your eyes peeled. The best selection I have found is at fish tech. My favorites are pumpkinseed and chartreuse for walleye but they both have caught plenty of bass too. I think that they are pretty durable too. I have had many walleye caught on the same grub and as you know they have some big teeth. They are also scented so I think that helps too. Others that I like are the mister twisters. You will always have a chance of loosing the curly tails if you yank on the like before the fish has a good bite on the lure. I wait till you can feel the weight of the fish before setting, so they dont just get the tails in there mouth they have the whole grub. Hope this helps.
[signature]
I use tube jigs more than anything else and they can get prett chewed up after 20 or so fish and still stay on the jig head.
my preferance is Gitzit, plus they are a local company.
[url "http://www.gitzitinc.com/index.php?osCsid=c05093fa9b460bbfe4576ba178b598f0"]http://www.gitzitinc.com/index.php?osCsid=c05093fa9b460bbfe4576ba178b598f0[/url]
[signature]
That's easy. Getzit G-Tail grubs. Great stuff!
[signature]
try the bass proshops grubs and tubes they are the only ones i fish with anymore cheap and they have great colors
[signature]
As was mentioned, Bass Pro Shops has some really good grubs. Their caterpillar and spring grubs are favs of mine. I also like Zoom's Fat Albert, and Kalin's grubs.
[signature]
Transition Tackle grubs of course! [Wink] Custom poured to your order. Solid, metal flake, fire tail, laminate, three color. 1"-8" grubs-curl tails, triple tips, twin tails, finesse, disc grubs (rings), fat grubs, twin tail skirted grubs.
400 grubs for the price of 300 right now. Example: I just mailed 400 3" curly tails (clear-silver metal flake) to a fellow BFT member. I had to ship them across country so shipping was about $13.00 and the grubs were $50.00.
$50.00 for 400 3" single tail grubs, custom poured. I may not get rich doing this but at the very least I am doing what I love.
I try not to take advantage of this site by advertising but the opportunity presented itself. I have many more baits as well. Custom poured tubes are a couple weeks out at best. My friend who does my tubes is spending time with his family right now.
[url "http://transitiontackle.com/Softplastics.html"]TransitionTackle.com[/url]
[signature]