Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
devils creek malad ID
Can anyone tell me what the boat ramp is like at Devils Creek res? I am going there on monday and am wondering if I will have any problems launching my 18 ft maxum.

DUMP YOUR DISH

CABLEGUY
[signature]
Drove by about a week ago - the water level is dropping so fast I think there's a clockwise current and flushing sounds.

Seriously, I'd check things out carefully before I launched a heavy, deep draft vessel.
[signature]
Never heard of it. Can you give me some directions so I can mark it on my map? And info on it, like species and so on?
[signature]
Teroy,its north of Malad about 7 miles just off of the freeway,there are rainbows,cutts,kokes and use to be a few macs also!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
macks in devils creek? whoa never heard of that. its a bass fishery now and planter rainbows teroy. a few big cutts left in there as well. i would count on the boat ramp being all to hot this time of year the water drops so fast there its not even funny. we went by a month ago or so and it was probably 80 percent full but usually around july, now, it is well around 50 percent or so. good luck up there.
[signature]
It's been a number of years but they use to stock Lake trout there. I have fished there when the water is as low as it is now and had no problem launching but that was a 14ft boat. If you don't feel good about launching your boat at Devils creek you can always go to Daniels res, I've never had a problem launching a bigger boat there when the water is low and there are some big trout in there. WH2
[signature]
Another spot in the same vicinity as Devil Creek you might want to try is Deep Creek. A bigger reservior and a mixed fishery of RB trout & LM bass & I think a few perch thrown in. Bass bite, according to some local sources. has been pretty good lately (early and late).

In past years, Deep Creek hasn't been drawn down as fast as Devil Creek - but current water/drought conditions might change matters.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I am thinking of trying deep creek. Is it in Utah or Idaho.?

Cableguy
[signature]
It's in Idaho, just down the road from Devil creek but closer to Malad. WH2
[signature]