Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek Reservoir
I'm thinking about fishing Currant Creek some time this weekend, but I have never been. I was wondering if someone could give me some directions. I've heard that there is a dirt road from strawberry that will take you there. Does that require four wheel drive? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Hoosier
[signature]
If you are going south on Hwy40 from Heber you will pass Strawberry by about 5-10 miles. At which point you'll start seeing signs, be careful because the left hand turn off creeps up on you pretty quick especially if your towing a toy(luckily there's a gas station just past that). Once you make the turn it's 19 miles up a dirt road until you reach the reservoir. You shouldn't need 4 wheel drive. But the wash board is just about enough to drive you crazy.[crazy] Hope this helps.
[signature]
You can turn off of Highway 40 on the Co-op Canyon turn off (near where that UDOT snow removal garage is). That dirt road will take you all the way to Current Creek, just follow the signs. They just opened it up the other day. Usually you can get by alright if your car has some clearence, but it's a surprise every year and I don't know anyone that's taken it yet this year.
[signature]