Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New store
I'm looking for input here good or bad, me and my cousin are looking into opening a Outdoors store in richfield Hunting, fishing camping supplies, there is no store down here like that, there is walmart and Ace but no specialty stores,

I am trying to gather input to see if it would be a good idea or to drop it now, any and all input is appreciated
[signature]
military discount!? heh either way good luck, i would make the trip to toss some buisness your way
[signature]
What about the place that sells motorcycles, they have all kinds of sporting goods. Jorgensens or something like that.
[signature]
Jorgensens own the atv and ford dealership, they have guns archery and some fishing tackle, i've talked to alot of people that won't go in there because high prices and they cannot get help unless they are willing to spend alot of money
[signature]
Sounds like a good idea as long as you don't invest your life savings into it. With very little competition, it could work as long as you have something different to offer that the other guy doesn't. Sounds like Walmart would be your toughest competition on prices but if you can offer free advise and help on where to go in the local area that could make all the difference. Starting a new store in any area can be tough but in a smaller town it could be even worse unless you stand above the rest. I read some where, that the government is offering grants or startup money for new businesses that could help you get setup if you decide to open up your store. Good luck no matter what you decide. WH2
[signature]
Check with the small business administration as well as the sbda the state offers. They have lots of information on how to get started. Here is the link for the state information. [url "http://www.utah.gov/business/"]http://www.utah.gov/business/[/url]

Hope it goes well for you.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the info i know its gonna be real tough starting with so many people out of work, it's gonna be a mom and pops type of store, i've talked to a lot of people down here and the best advertising is all who knows who, word of mouth, and so far i've had very positive feedback, with it being so close to piute, fishlake and otter creek, great fishing spots and right in southern region great for hunting, backpacking and camping,
[signature]
Sounds like it will be successful. Be sure to write your business plan. This will help you succeed.
[signature]
I have got it down and have a meeting with a business mentor/counselor next week
[signature]
You're on a roll. Let us know how it goes.[cool]
[signature]
I sure will, thanks for the input gonna be tough and lots of work but everything is
[signature]
Get set up as quickly as you can, to sell online!!
[signature]