Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOULDER MOUNTAIN LAKES
I AM THINKING ABOUT GOING TO THE BOULDER MOUNTAIN LAKES REGION WITH MY FAMILY OVER THE WEEKEND. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO ON PARTICULAR LAKES. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE AND AM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS. FOR THIS PARTICULAR TRIP I WOULD LIKE TO LIMIT THE LENGTH OF HIKING BECAUSE MY WIFE IS HAVING BACK PROBLEMS. IN THE PAST WE HAVE JUST PUT MY YOUNGEST SON IN THE BABY BACKPACK AND I CARRIED EVERYTHING ELSE IN MY BACKPACK.(HIKING IN THE WINDRIVERS) BUT THIS PROBABLY WON'T WORK TOO WELL THIS TIME. ARE THERE ANY LAKES THAT HAVE DRIVE UP CAMPING? SMALL DAY HIKES? CANOEING? ETC... THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR ANY INFO THAT YOU GUYS COULD OFFER?
[signature]
Upper Barker Reservior, Posey Lake, and Lower Bowns all have developed campgrounds. The Barker Series offers more lakes that are easily accessible than the others, 6 fishable lakes within 2 miles. We had good success there earlier fishing with marabou jigs 1/32 oz in mustard or olive green colors or a walleye setup, small jig head with an inch of worm as the tail.
[signature]
good to see you here maraboujigs, welcome to the bft community!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
Pick up a map and pick a place. Most of the good roads are marked so start with those. Posey is a great place for first timers plus from there you can drive around and check out some other places. It's also little warmer during the nights.
[signature]
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFO. I HAVE DECIDED TO FORGO THIS WEEKEND AND THE CROWDS. WE WILL BE EXPLORING THE BOULDER MOUNTAIN AREA IN TWO WEEKS. THANKS AGAIN.
[signature]