Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AquaView cameras
Anyone have one of these? What is your opinion of them? Worth the $$$? Would be nice to see what kind of fish show up on the finder. Thanks, MC
[signature]
Hey mc, Welcome to the site!! I personnaly do not own one. I believe Kent and a few others own them though. I'm sure one of them can give you the scoop. I have seen them used while I was ice fishing before. They are pretty cool. You can see your jig and watch the fish swim up and take it!!! Pretty funny to see it in live action. Also its a good way to see if the fish are interested in your bait and swim away or for those soft bites.
[signature]
My son-in-law has one. We use it during icefishing. It is really neat to watch the fish come and hit your bait. We also use it to locate where the fish are. The only downfall is we get watching the fish and forget we are fishing.It is real interesting to see how they take your bait.
[signature]
As mentioned by Teroy, I am the proud owner of one. They can be lots of fun, especially for ice fishing. The advantage of using them ice fishing is that the ice is solid (unlike a boat that is always rocking and moving). If you think that you can just drop the camera down and see lots of fish -- forget it, it rarely happens. The biggest challenge is that the field of vision is extremely small, and the water often is turbid. I can drop my camera down into Strawberry Reservoir today and can probably see 2 - 3 feet through the water. In the wintertime I can see maybe 8 feet through the water at Strawberry. The newer ones have the ability to tell you which direction they are pointed, which would be a great help. Before buying one I would encourage you to rent one first. Angler's Inn used to rent them, but I don't know if they still do.

Kent
[signature]