Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 9/2
Hit willard this evening (yes TubeDude, AGAIN, lol). A lot more people there than last week.

Arrived there about 3:30pm, trolled freeway bay with no success. Drove around a bit and then about 6pm decided to go back into the south east corner and let kait kitty fish while we waited. Kait caught one little kitty and missed several others. About 6:40 we decided to drive around again. Headed to freeway bay, alot of boats over there, but nothing to see. Headed for the light pole, by the time we got to the light pole, boils started. The boils were popping up all night until we couldnt see anymore. There was one point, right before we left, there were boils on every side of the boat. They didnt last long at all, few seconds.

Kait caught her limit of wipers (6), on top of the one kitty. Biggest being 22" and almost 4lb. She had a blast reeling them in, they all gave her a good fight.

Dad and me on the other hand.....we got SKUNKED. can not believe it, but we did. I was helping kait net and unhook her fish so I didnt mind at all.
[signature]
Nice report Holly, sounds like someone in your group had fun catching all those fish. What were you and your Dad doing wrong[Wink]?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Alllll Right. 'Bout time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Congrats to Kait...for having such an efficient boat crew. You know that is what it was all about.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good looking fish! Way to go! [Wink]

-Rich
[signature]
I dont know, we were all even using the same lure. Dad did lose one. Was hooked good too, dont know how it got off. Had to have been her lucky Eeyore shirt she was wearing [Wink]

She even had her barbs keep breaking. At one point only had one barb on one of her hooks and still was getting them lol She didnt want to change lures tho, was her lucky lure
[signature]
Now that's what it's all about...keep the kids fishing!!!!
[signature]
Great report Holly! Congrats Kait for schooling the adults. way to go kid.[Wink]

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Great Job! must have some guns for arms bringing in 6 of those bad boys
[signature]
She definitely did school us. She did say that she wasnt reeling that fast. So maybe we were going too fast? thats all i can think of.
[signature]
Most of the time I reel fast the first cast, If I don't get a hit I cast again let it fall like a wounded shad and and reel,let it fall again and then reel it in and make another cast doing the same thing. she may have been a little deeper than you two reeling slower. just got to figure out what they want and repeat it.
[signature]
Good for Kait, I have yet to catch a limit myself of wipers. Nice going. Hey Holly next time I need a netter in the boat I will call on you... lol sounds like you had lots of pratice, heck I wouldn't even have to get my hands dirty if you unhooked them also.... Kaits got you trained well... When your dad wants to go fishing at Newton let me know.......
[signature]
yep, she reeled em in and i got em off for her. One of them was hooked so good i had to rip its lip to get the hook off lol will do, kind of a long drive, not sure when he'll want to.
[signature]
If he wants to go in my boat let me know, I will take him up there and watch him have fun......
[signature]
Awesome pics. The wife and I are headed up this weekend.[Wink]
[signature]
It was just meant to be Kaitlynn's big day. She had so much fun and was a pleasure to see her catch all those fish. Holly and I just got buck fever because those boils were all around us and Kait kept her calm.
Was a great night
[signature]
I seen her doing some sort of voodoo spell on our poles before we left.
[signature]
I know how it is when the wipers are all around you and you're not sure where to cast to next. The catching will just get better for at least another month and even into November if the weather stays warm. You and Holly will get your turn, I'm sure.
[signature]
I have never seen anything like it in my life.
I am also trying to learn my new Terrova bow mount and it is a lot differant steering. We should have had 60+ fish is we or (I) wasn't so panic. But thats how we learn.
But really, seeing Kait fight those fish made my day. I do not want to see her loose interest in fishing. And seeing Holly's excitement over Kait catching them was fun too.
It is all about the kids and grand kids
[signature]