Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anterless Elk ?s
I was lucky enough to draw an antlerless elk tag this year. In the proclamation it says that I can hunt for this elk during the archery deer season if I pocess an archery deer tag for the unit my elk tag is for. My question, I filled both my archery deer tag, and my archery elk tag already. Can I still hunt antlerless elk until the close of the archery deer season next week? Any info on this would be great.
[signature]
Yes, I think you can still stick another elk. I remember seeing a specific section in the proc saying that you can do so. I'll look later and see if I can find it.

You must have a big freezer [cool]
Where's the post with your deer and elk pics???
[signature]
Yes I have a very big freezer. I am a poor college student and I eat wild game probably three times a week. As for pictures My elk was just a spike and my deer a little two point so I didn't even bother.
[signature]
You may want to call the dwr and ask them, but I think you are done until the later season. I asked that very question one year and they told me that I could take a cow early on, but I had to have a VALID tag for the hunt in progress. I did not have an archery tag that year, so I had to wait until the muzzleload season came around to take the cow.
Good luck though with your hunt, whenever that comes around.
[signature]